[HELP!]New EVGA power supply not working with computer(Works with POST tester only)

Ordered a new EVGA power supply to replace my work PC's one with failing fans, however it doesn't work. It powers on with the POST tester that comes included but the system will not power. So it "works", but doesn't work. Any idea what it could be? In the mean time I'll probably send it back but my boss probably won't be too happy about it.

New PSU: EVGA 750BQ 750W

Old PSU: Athena Power EPS 12V 900W

The main difference between the two aside from total wattage is the new one has a weaker 5V/3.3V line. Could that be it? 150W total vs 220W total

Other hardware:

Asus Z8PE-D12X

Dual Xeon E5430

24GB Crucial DDR3 1333Mhz

GTX 465 With an Accelero Xtreme II @ 830Mhz Core 1950Mhz Mem

120GB kinston SSD boot drive with WD blue 1TB 7200RPM

Extra fan in the front held by double sided tape.

52 minutes ago, TrueMegaManiac said:

-snip-

hmm, would double check that the power switch header didn't come loose accidently. Else double check for any shorts or misplaced wires. It's possible a short isn't letting it turn on?

Otherwise, it's possible the motherboard itself is bad?

And no, the weaker 5V rail doesn't mean much. Barely many electronics in PCs still use it.

50 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

hmm, would double check that the power switch header didn't come loose accidently. Else double check for any shorts or misplaced wires. It's possible a short isn't letting it turn on?

Otherwise, it's possible the motherboard itself is bad?

And no, the weaker 5V rail doesn't mean much. Barely many electronics in PCs still use it.

Nothing to do with switch headers. All listed components work, even the old psu, just fans going bad in that unit. Also double checked which cables i was using to make sure that I didn't mix eps with PCIe.

13 minutes ago, TrueMegaManiac said:

Nothing to do with switch headers. All listed components work, even the old psu, just fans going bad in that unit. Also double checked which cables i was using to make sure that I didn't mix eps with PCIe.

That's so strange. haha. I guess bad new PSU unit?

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

That's so strange. haha. I guess bad new PSU unit?

That's my guess. Gonna send it back since I don't want to waste my boss's 80 bucks opening it up and poking around but yeah it's probably just a bad unit even if it powers on with the tester.