Ryzen 5 2400g Vega core clock 201MHz

DustHaze
Go to solution Solved by chckovsky,
2 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

I used single 8gb 3200mhz on b2 channel, I think it might be the problem

This is likely your problem.

Hi guys :D 

Recently I build a new PC and I have this issue with Vega core clock in the Radeon settings showing only 201MHz core clock and I tried to set it up using Ryzen master to its default  1250MHz but no use after testing it with csgo (high settings 1080P) it only gives me almost 30 fps on average in all cases.

My setup

Ryzen 5 2400g

8gb ram 3200MHz

Asus Rog strix b350-f gaming

520watt M12II Seasonic 

I also have T4 cooler from cooler master

If the video card is idle (not in games),then it lowers its frequency to save power. In games, it will raise its clock.

30fps is probably about right for 1080p high. The integrated card in 2400g is between GT1030 and GT1050, or between RX 550 and RX 560 ... you wouldn't expect those to get you 30fps+ at 1080p high

Tip: start a game and configure it in Window mode and  then run GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner in a corner of the screen or AMD's Global Wattman or whatever it's called and you'll see the frequencies changing as you play the game.

8 hours ago, mariushm said:

If the video card is idle (not in games),then it lowers its frequency to save power. In games, it will raise its clock.

30fps is probably about right for 1080p high. The integrated card in 2400g is between GT1030 and GT1050, or between RX 550 and RX 560 ... you wouldn't expect those to get you 30fps+ at 1080p high

Tip: start a game and configure it in Window mode and  then run GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner in a corner of the screen or AMD's Global Wattman or whatever it's called and you'll see the frequencies changing as you play the game.

But what about this guy, he overclocked the cpu and the gpu

5 hours ago, DustHaze said:

But what about this guy, he overclocked the cpu and the gpu

He doesn't show any idle frequncy as far as i can see. I it makes sense, my old HD 6770, and my current 1080 and 1060 does this.

I wonder, are you using one stick of 8gb (single channel memory) or two sticks of 4 gb RAM (dual channel memory)? Because that has a dramatic effect on these APUs, much more so than "normal" systems (cpu with dedicated GPU).

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

1 minute ago, chckovsky said:

He doesn't show any idle frequncy as far as i can see. I it makes sense, my old HD 6770, and my current 1080 and 1060 does this.

I wonder, are you using one stick of 8gb (single channel memory) or two sticks of 4 gb RAM (dual channel memory)? Because that has a dramatic effect on these APUs, much more so than "normal" systems (cpu with dedicated GPU).

2 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

1 hour ago, chckovsky said:

Thanks a lot this might be it