My pc broke and i replaced almost everything but still broke halp fix!

LouisMartin

So i was playing a casual game of PUBG when my computer made a click sound and the screen froze had to force power off and when i tried to turn on again it would not post (nothing on screen but fans spinning) ok so i thought it was my cpu so i bought a i7 8700k (had a 6700k) reinstalled and still didn't work... then i thought it could be the ram so i bought new ram and once again didn't work so at this point the only thing that isn't brand new is the motherboard (literally 2 months old) but i also tried with my old motherboard which when i last used was working and still nothing when i try no fans spin nothing posts only thing that happens is leds on the board light up, so literally everything really should be working don't know if this is my fault for wiring it wrong or maybe even putting the power button cable in the wrong place (i've triple checked this) im not completely new to pcs and have built ones before but i've never had everything seem right but it just not work. can anyone help me out? if i can't fix it soon il try a new motherboard if that doesn't work i'll just buy have to buy an xbox one Kappa 

5 minutes ago, LouisMartin said:

i bought a i7 8700k (had a 6700k) reinstalled and still didn't work

If you have a z170 or z270 motherboard, the 8700k won't work in it (it only works with the z370 chipset).  

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

If you have a z170 or z270 motherboard, the 8700k won't work in it (it only works with the z370 chipset).  

I am one of the dumbest people i know holy shit this is embarrassing thankyou so much i only thought about the fucking socket omg im so fucking stupid 

6 minutes ago, LouisMartin said:

christ don't look at me 

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! .. Joking =).. No you're all good. Look how quickly people were able to respond and get you gaming on Friday. 

Could also be your power supply.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂