Upgrade i7-2600k?

If all you do is gaming then there's no reason not to get a 4670k or even a 4770k. They still have some improvements and if it means easier to OC and $20-30 off your power bill every year (depending on if you leave it on for a long time) that's also good news. They aren't bad chips or anything they just aren't a HUGE upgrade. If not you can always buy a USB 3.0 PCIe card if you want the ports. Now if you like to stream games or do let's plays or stuff like that then you would actually might pay attention to a 4820k. But even then once shadow play gets all the bugs ironed out that's not much of an argument.

I would personally replace those ports with a PCIe card. No need to spend the extra money unless you have a reason to. Or you just want bragging rights about having the latest and greatest.

I was actually considering the 4820k but it performs worse than the 3770k in gaming and only performs better with mutil GPU setups but that's mostly because of the higher PCIe bandwidth of LGA2011.

I think I'm just gonna hold off till Broadwell and see if that's a bigger improvement.