Intermittent Motherbaord Alarm While Booted

Hi guys,

So this thing has started happening last night. I boot my machine, normal post beeps etc, sometimes longer than normal but it reliably gets into windows. But now for some reason, even while booted I get intermittent buzzer alarms for anywhere from 3-10 seconds for no apparent reason.

All the temps seem within normal range, I'm running a 6700K with a custom 360mm rad EKWB loop, 1080ti not on water yet but sits around 36 degrees idle. I've recently upgraded to a 960 EVO M.2 boot drive but I doubt that's causing an issue. There is one oddity with a temp sensor on my mobo reading -54 degrees that could be something?

I'm at a wall right now, googling has gotten me nowhere and I need things to try because I've got a podcast to do in a few hours and I'd rather solve the problem than just rip the buzzer out haha

Yep, sounds like the pump is on it's way out. It might still be covered by warranty though if it's not that old.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

Yep, sounds like the pump is on it's way out. It might still be covered by warranty though if it's not that old.

Pulled off the back panel and found the culprit. Tubing has collapsed and the poor pump was getting stalled. Sadly it's probably only just out of warranty, hopefully it should be okay once I replace the tubing, I've added cable tie supports for the mean time at least.

Lessons learned, cheap tubing is not a good idea

On 3/23/2018 at 12:24 AM, Inf3cted_Worm said:

Pulled off the back panel and found the culprit. Tubing has collapsed and the poor pump was getting stalled. Sadly it's probably only just out of warranty, hopefully it should be okay once I replace the tubing, I've added cable tie supports for the mean time at least.

Lessons learned, cheap tubing is not a good idea

Even if it's just out of warranty, it can be worth contacting the manufacturer anyway.

just look for another Pump. some suitable Replacement. 

yeah z170/270 been weird with boards man...the gigabyte ran for like 6 months than just started power cycling out of no where....

the ftw K had only like a month and when I first got it it didn't post immediately and was getting stuck on some of those boot up codes...reset cmos then it was fine for like a month, then it just shutdown one day and started throwing a memory code reset it was fine again for awhile...then finally didn't want to post and like 3 codes repeating some bios stuff and related.  4C FF 00 stuff and repeating....definitely don't look good the 4C and 00.... 

Maybe just bad luck.