Anyone have experience with FiOS and Optimum?

Thinking of switching to Optimum but not sure if it'll be worse for gaming and such since its not completely fiber.

Yes. I switched to FIOS some time ago for the better quality connection and matching up/down speeds. Optimum doesn't offer anything near gigabit matched for $90.

Just now, Densetsu said:

Yes. I switched to FIOS some time ago for the better quality connection and matching up/down speeds. Optimum doesn't offer anything near gigabit matched for $90.

Well in my case it would be cheaper to go to Optimum, but did you ever have any issues with Optimum? I love having never had any issues with FiOS

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Well in my case it would be cheaper to go to Optimum, but did you ever have any issues with Optimum? I love having never had any issues with FiOS

Certainly more than w/ FiOS. Nothing awful. They are a nightmare to deal with now though ever since the Altice acquisition. I would not recommend them for that reason alone. They give everyone such a hard time.

2 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Thinking of switching to Optimum but not sure if it'll be worse for gaming and such since its not completely fiber.

Currently cable companies can do a max speed of 1 Gbps down 35-45 Mbps up. Thats if they have DOCSIS 3.1 deployed in your area and seeing how Optimum is owned by Altice, they are not upgrading to Docsis 3.1, they are going to fiber, eventually, hopefully maybe. Id stick with Fiber with Verizon. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.