Float plane Question

JCBiggs
11 hours ago, JCBiggs said:

Is float plane its OWN stand alone streaming media platform? or is it STILL based on youtube, and  hosted by youtube? 

It runs its own streaming platform and and is hosted on dedicated servers they're renting.

If it was still using YouTube's servers it wouldn't have any of the benefits it does.

Standalone. YouTube wouldn't allow anything that would essentially compete with their business model. For same reason it's not using any other major provider like Amazon either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

36 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

For all you that know more about float plane than me... is this intended to go wide to all creators, youtube style?  

As far as i'm aware, the plan is to allow selected creators onto the platform, not to open it to anyone

CPU: i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-A

Memory: 32GB TridentZ RGB

GPU: Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
Storage: 256GB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Black, 1TB Seagate somethingorother

1 hour ago, JCBiggs said:

For all you that know more about float plane than me... is this intended to go wide to all creators, youtube style?  

1 hour ago, Hekoki said:

As far as i'm aware, the plan is to allow selected creators onto the platform, not to open it to anyone

Initial rollout will be to a select list of pre-vetted creators. The intent is to expand it and allow application to it down the road though, last they said. But that's quite a few years down the road.

7 hours ago, JCBiggs said:

@Sniperfox47 is sniping all my replies. It will be invite only at first and intended to creators who would have viewers that actually want to pay for premium service to support. AFAIK they already have list of selected people ready and have been in contact with those. But so far only Bitwit has joined. There's no announcements when next ones would join.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv