Wireless Radio in Dell Laptop won't start.

GodOfKnockers
Go to solution Solved by GodOfKnockers,

I found out the name of the wireless driver that I am looking for is the Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter, which is nowhere listed in device manager.

If I can find that, I think I'm golden. I'm searching on Google now, as dell doesn't have it listed on their site.

Edit Fount it, installed it - and still nothing. What the hell?

Edit: After running the UFEI Diagnostics, it shows that the Wireless and Bluetooth isn't installed in the machine, so there might be a loose connection, or they are dead and need to be replaced.

Edit: I opened up the laptop, removed the card and re-inserted it. It works like a charm now. OS sees it and I can connect to the internet wirelessly.

I have a Dell Latitude E5520, Windows 10 Pro installed. For some reason, the Wi-Fi won't turn on.

I've ran diagnostics and it says everything is fine (But it's not) tried to contact Dell, and was greeted with "Out of Warranty, pay us if you want it fixed" (I'm paraphrasing, btw),

So that brings me here. Has anyone ran into this problem before and can anyone suggest anything on how to fix it?

1 minute ago, Dryader said:

Try installing drivers for it, rebooting, or running sfc /scannow in admin command prompt.

Did all of that, twice. Still got nothing.The BISO sees that it's on and working but is nowhere to be seen in Windows 10.

2 hours ago, PlayBoyMan said:

I have a Dell Latitude E5520, Windows 10 Pro installed. For some reason, the Wi-Fi won't turn on.

I've ran diagnostics and it says everything is fine (But it's not) tried to contact Dell, and was greeted with "Out of Warranty, pay us if you want it fixed" (I'm paraphrasing, btw),

So that brings me here. Has anyone ran into this problem before and can anyone suggest anything on how to fix it?

Windows 10 hates WiFi. Thats what I have determined. Many people here have at issues. What I would try, is to see if you can find an older driver so see if the newer one has an issue. Besides that I think the creators update for Windows 10 has some issues with some WiFi adapters. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I found out the name of the wireless driver that I am looking for is the Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter, which is nowhere listed in device manager.

If I can find that, I think I'm golden. I'm searching on Google now, as dell doesn't have it listed on their site.

Edit Fount it, installed it - and still nothing. What the hell?

Edit: After running the UFEI Diagnostics, it shows that the Wireless and Bluetooth isn't installed in the machine, so there might be a loose connection, or they are dead and need to be replaced.

Edit: I opened up the laptop, removed the card and re-inserted it. It works like a charm now. OS sees it and I can connect to the internet wirelessly.

Edited by PlayBoyMan