THINKING TO BUY 1050ti

best29
Go to solution Solved by Quadriplegic,

I think it will not be a major bottleneck. It's not like graphic card will perform at 50% of its capabilities, but you would get few frames more if you had a better CPU.

However, if you plan on upgrading RAM and getting a new graphic cards, maybe it's an ok idea to think about upgrading whole system?

my pc specs are :-

INTEL - core i3-2100

INTEL - DH61WW aag23116-204

3gb of ram ( soon to be 8 gb + using my old 2gb stick addon)

PSU-450 W (which comes in pre-build pc)

will anything bottleneck my new gpu?????????

should i get a new psu?????

can 1050ti run on 32bit windows????   with 4gb ram?????

plz post ur suggestions

thank you

PLZ READ MY COMMENTS ALSO

It'll dpeend on the game or task but I wouldn't see an issue personally. #

Maybe in stuff like AC:origins or other CPU bound games..

As for 32 bit, I can't find an answer.

Ram, would probably be advised to get 8GB but it really depends on what you're doing.

I'd probably opt for a used 750 or something as I think it'd fit the system pretty well.

2 minutes ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

It'll dpeend on the game or task but I wouldn't see an issue personally. #

Maybe in stuff like AC:origins or other CPU bound games..

As for 32 bit, I can't find an answer.

Ram, would probably be advised to get 8GB but it really depends on what you're doing.

I'd probably opt for a used 750 or something as I think it'd fit the system pretty well.

i wanna play games the most recent ones but not in 4k it is like just 1080p in high settings

PUBG

GTA V etc.. 

but i would may upgrade rest of my build in future so is it good to invest in 750???

it is just i can't afford a new rig now !!

Well if i take 1050 ti how much performance would i lose because of my cpu and motherboard?????

ram is definitely going to be upgraded to 8gb 

5 hours ago, best29 said:

i wanna play games the most recent ones but not in 4k it is like just 1080p in high settings

PUBG

GTA V etc.. 

but i would may upgrade rest of my build in future so is it good to invest in 750???

it is just i can't afford a new rig now !!

Well if i take 1050 ti how much performance would i lose because of my cpu and motherboard?????

ram is definitely going to be upgraded to 8gb 

You could always upgrade to a 1050ti, as you'd probably be likely to keep it if you do a CPU upgrade or platform.

I have a 1050ti currently and can play GTA V @ high and it's fine, personally don't play PUBG anymore but I've heard it's getting a bit better in terms of optimization.

When GTA V came out I had an i3-4130 and it struggled with an RX 480(I think it was?)

GPU upgrades are the safest bet, I guess. I miss my damn 480 but I got more than I paid for it, kind of also don't need it but hey.

7 hours ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

You could always upgrade to a 1050ti, as you'd probably be likely to keep it if you do a CPU upgrade or platform.

I have a 1050ti currently and can play GTA V @ high and it's fine, personally don't play PUBG anymore but I've heard it's getting a bit better in terms of optimization.

When GTA V came out I had an i3-4130 and it struggled with an RX 480(I think it was?)

GPU upgrades are the safest bet, I guess. I miss my damn 480 but I got more than I paid for it, kind of also don't need it but hey.

thank you  :D

but how does cpu performance matter in games 

i thought only gpu does

i just thought that MY cpu would impact performance by just 5 to 10 %

and i dont care that cause i have just a 1080p monitor 60Hz only !!!!!!!!!!!

MY cpu would be a serious bottleneck !? :o

Newer games are more CPU demanding (as well as being far more efficient at utilizing multiple cores) than old games. Also, what RAM will you be getting?

Don't forget that you'll need 64 bit windows either way to use all 8 gigs of RAM.

Regarding the PSU, I don't think you'll need to upgrade if the current PSU isn't total junk, since 1050 Ti uses very little power.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

2 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Newer games are more CPU demanding (as well as being far more efficient at utilizing multiple cores) than old games. Also, what RAM will you be getting?

Don't forget that you'll need 64 bit windows either way to use all 8 gigs of RAM.

Regarding the PSU, I don't think you'll need to upgrade if the current PSU isn't total junk, since 1050 Ti uses very little power.

9 hours ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

64bit is fine and 8gb of ram any on market which is cheap DDR3 1333MHz

so guys should i go forward and buy 1050ti???? i also don't wanna lose large part of performance  which 1050ti can give????

I think it will not be a major bottleneck. It's not like graphic card will perform at 50% of its capabilities, but you would get few frames more if you had a better CPU.

However, if you plan on upgrading RAM and getting a new graphic cards, maybe it's an ok idea to think about upgrading whole system?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

38 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

THANK U SOO MUCH 

BUT NOW I CAN ONLY AFFORD THAT MUCH THAKS A LOTTTT !!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, best29 said:

THANK U SOO MUCH 

BUT NOW I CAN ONLY AFFORD THAT MUCH THAKS A LOTTTT !!!!!!!!!

I mean, it's probably a safe bet as you can always put it into your new system.

I'd say go through with it personally.

Agree with others. If you buy 1050ti now you can always upgrade other things later and keep the 1050ti