What's a good android emulator to use?

There's a few android games I'd like to buy and download, but rather play them on the pc than my phone.

An android emulator will let me do this, right? What's a good one? Where do you get them?

Sorry, I just know nothing about them.

There's few good ones. You will probably get recommendation about Bluestacks. Beware, if you use free version, it will install all kinds of crap. Personally I use Droid4X. Looks hideous but has worked for several years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There's few good ones. You will probably get recommendation about Bluestacks. Beware, if you use free version, it will install all kinds of crap. Personally I use Droid4X. Looks hideous but has worked for several years.

What is your opinion of BlueStacks?

Here's mine:

tons of ads you'd expect on a regular app store

flashy UI

Easy to Use

you have to be careful when you install it so it doesn't install boatware. They have special tactics to try and make it skip past your eyes.

Good update and support

there is a beta for marshmallow if you want it

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

7 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

What is your opinion of BlueStacks?

Good until free trial runs out. Then starts to install crap. But biggest issue comes when you need to reinstall it for whatever reason (usually to solve issues with apps). Then its just too much pain. While I've had issues with Droid4X, it has worked well, both on my laptop and main PC. I tried another emulator on that laptop, but couldn't get it to even load properly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Good until free trial runs out. Then starts to install crap. But biggest issue comes when you need to reinstall it for whatever reason (usually to solve issues with apps). Then its just too much pain. While I've had issues with Droid4X, it has worked well, both on my laptop and main PC. I tried another emulator on that laptop, but couldn't get it to even load properly.

free trial? no such thing. how long has it been since you've used it?

it doesn't have a free trial anymore,

it doesn't install new software on your computer if you are very careful during install

it will install and uninstall 1 app a day for you to try. I think. I haven't tried opening it to see if it is an install link or an actual app install.

you should try it again.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

So these will allow me to log into google play store and buy apps and sign into my accounts?

2 minutes ago, Chrislw324 said:

So these will allow me to log into google play store and buy apps and sign into my accounts?

Speaking on behalf of Bluestacks yes

1 minute ago, DaJakerBoss said:

free trial? no such thing. how long has it been since you've used it?

it doesn't have a free trial anymore,

it doesn't install new software on your computer if you are very careful during install

it will install and uninstall 1 app a day for you to try. I think. I haven't tried opening it to see if it is an install link or an actual app install.

you should try it again.

Why install that crap again when I'm quite happy with Droid4X? Only downside is the fact that they changed UI from nice space-style blue to flashy orange/red. And I didn't mean it would install any software. My AV would block such activity anyway. But the fact that it installs anything means that it will slowly creep more disk use. Its been couple of years, I ditched Bluestacks when it took me over 3 days trying to reinstall it.

1 minute ago, Chrislw324 said:

Yes. Though some apps might not work. Emulators are made to emulate certain devices. Depending on which device is used as base, apps might see it as too old or too new.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yes. Though some apps might not work. Emulators are made to emulate certain devices. Depending on which device is used as base, apps might see it as too old or too new.

BlueStacks does have a beta for Android Marshmallow if you are comfortable using a beta of such a bloated program :P

2 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

BlueStacks does have a beta for Android Marshmallow if you are comfortable using a beta of such a bloated program :P

Look, you are not going to convince me changing from something that works to something that I know isn't best alternative. So maybe try less. I'm not in need of alternatives. I don't want to point out obvious, but you are sounding bit like fanboy. If you like to be like that, fine. Just try to be less aggressive about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Look, you are not going to convince me changing from something that works to something that I know isn't best alternative. So maybe try less. I'm not in need of alternatives. I don't want to point out obvious, but you are sounding bit like fanboy. If you like to be like that, fine. Just try to be less aggressive about it.

I am talking to OP and quoting you

Sorry for that :|