Can I get into VR?

Tellos

Ok I amdit for all my PC background and knowledge VR is a spot I am less knowledable about in terms of a set up for it. Currently my rig is

E3-1270v2 [Ivy bridge CPU] 3.5ghz base 3.9 turbo 4 core 8 thread CPU.

EVGA Superclocked GTX 1080 

16gigs of DDR3 1333mhz RAM

500gig Samsung 850 Evo SSD

two WD black 1TB HDDs

Corsair TX650 80+ bronze PSU

ASRock Z77 motherboard Extreme 4 gaming.

Trying to see if I might do ok for preformance with this. I usually run two 1080P moniters for productivity and have a 3rd 144hz 1440P moniter I do most of my gaming on. Hoping it could maybe do VR or if not maybe find out why.

If you mean VR Gaming, you're fine. If you mean VR production, it will depend on what exactly you're doing.

Moved to PC Gaming.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes gaming specificly production I'd wanna build a new Rig.

3 minutes ago, Tellos said:

Yes gaming specificly production I'd wanna build a new Rig.

What issues are you having with your current system?

What programs are you using and what exactly are you doing?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker as yet as yet I havint tried to use my rig or purchased such a device I just wanted to be sure for some games like WORLDS AT WAR a game I saw might run well, sicne I know VR has some requirements that differant from normal gaming I wanted to be sure it'd run well at higher settings/Frame rates.

5 minutes ago, Tellos said:

@WoodenMarker as yet as yet I havint tried to use my rig or purchased such a device I just wanted to be sure for some games like WORLDS AT WAR a game I saw might run well, sicne I know VR has some requirements that differant from normal gaming I wanted to be sure it'd run well at higher settings/Frame rates.

VR gaming doesn't have particular differences in requirement than other PC games other than need high and consistent fps since drops in performance can be jarring. 

Are you planning on working on VR production? --I'm not entirely sure based on your wording.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What issues are you having with your current system?

What programs are you using and what exactly are you doing?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

<removed>

he is asking if his current rig, the one posted is good enough to run VR. That is all he is asking

and my answer is everything looks perfect for VR and you should have no issues.

you can also download a VR test on steam made by valve to see if your rig cna handle it.

Edited by SansVarnic