Recommended ram for ryzen 5 1600?

What is a good speed and which series should I go with? The trident z series looks pretty good, but so does the dominator platinum. What are your recommendations on good ram? I’ve been told that ryzen LOVES high clock speeds, but what does that entail exactly? Just runs better at higher clocks?

3200mhz 14c seems to be the sweet spot for ryzen. you still see gains as you go faster but the gains aren't as large. this is for gaming 

i have a 3200mhz kit but sadly can only do 2933mhz

Just now, Technicolors said:

3200mhz 14c seems to be the sweet spot for ryzen. you still see gains as you go faster but the gains aren't as large. this is for gaming 

i have a 3200mhz kit but sadly can only do 2933mhz

What’s limiting you to 2933? MoBo doesn’t allow it? Just doesn’t work? 

1 minute ago, Docretier said:

What’s limiting you to 2933? MoBo doesn’t allow it? Just doesn’t work? 

ryzen seems to prefer samsung b-die chips to reach 3200mhz+ it is also listed in the QVL for the mobo, which is basically a list of memory the manufacturer has tested on that board. but even that is not a guarantee. and the kit will not list what chip it has

i think ryzen 2 will have improved memory support, but that you need the new motherboards (note that you can use ryzen 2 on existing mobos, just needs a BIOS update) 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

ryzen seems to prefer samsung b-die chips to reach 3200mhz+ it is also listed in the QVL for the mobo, which is basically a list of memory the manufacturer has tested on that board. but even that is not a guarantee. and the kit will not list what chip it has

i think ryzen 2 will have improved memory support, but that you need the new motherboards (note that you can use ryzen 2 on existing mobos, just needs a BIOS update) 

I don’t actually have the processor yet, I’m actually on an i5 gen 6 right now and want to upgrade. I’m gonna hold out until the gen 2 ryzen is released because I want to see its performance compared to the gen 1. Memory compatibility will definitely be a factor for me now.