Massdrop minimic buzzing fix?

Brace

Alright I finally got tried of having the cars driving past my house getting picked up by my V-Moda so I went ahead and bought the Minimic from Massdrop. Everything is fine except when I plug it into my ps4 through my mixamp it makes a slight hissing sound. Any help fixing this would be great, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Or just get a dynamic mic. What setup were you running before?

Vmoda with shp9500. I was planning to switch to a dt770 with the minimic

3 hours ago, Brace said:

Vmoda with shp9500. I was planning to switch to a dt770 with the minimic

Yeah just get the modmic 5 (and dont forget their USB soundcard as well to avoid any problem)

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, Majestic said:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-mini-mic/talk

reviews are pretty bad. Looks like it was a dud.

Been using my Minimic with no issues for months now... It is possible yours is defective contact Massdrop I'm sure they will make it right for you if it is broken...  Most of the negative reviews are due to the 3M Velcro pads not sticking but again I have not had any fall off my 3 pairs of headphones (M40x, XPT100's, HD558's)...  for the $25.00 it is a really good sounding mic. 

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Brace said:

Damn that sucks looks like I'll have to spend twice as much and get the modmic

Have you tried using the mic on the computer to rule out if its the PS4 or the MIC itself?!

Have you tried using a USB sound card for your PS4? this may clear up the audio interference your hearing or it might not but for under 10$ it cant hurt and can always be used for a laptop or other device.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-BENGOO-External-Converter-Headset/dp/B072BMG9TB/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521526812&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+sound+card+ps4&dpID=41nniAXzqrL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Good luck!

Seriously try it on a PC that will answer your question right away.

cheers.

12 hours ago, Tz000 said:

Been using my Minimic with no issues for months now... It is possible yours is defective contact Massdrop I'm sure they will make it right for you if it is broken...  Most of the negative reviews are due to the 3M Velcro pads not sticking but again I have not had any fall off my 3 pairs of headphones (M40x, XPT100's, HD558's)...  for the $25.00 it is a really good sounding mic. 

Have you tried using the mic on the computer to rule out if its the PS4 or the MIC itself?!

Have you tried using a USB sound card for your PS4? this may clear up the audio interference your hearing or it might not but for under 10$ it cant hurt and can always be used for a laptop or other device.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-BENGOO-External-Converter-Headset/dp/B072BMG9TB/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521526812&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+sound+card+ps4&dpID=41nniAXzqrL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Good luck!

Seriously try it on a PC that will answer your question right away.

cheers.

I have a soundcard and I tried multiple different cables. I'll try pc we'll see i guess.

16 hours ago, Majestic said:

Tons of negative comments and reviews. Here comes mister " @Tz000 " N=1 "i have no issues", oh well, guess everyone is wrong then.

Never said everyone else was wrong... Was clearly stating my experience with the product and I clearly said that it's possible it's defective... Does that mean everyone else with a positive experience with the minimic is wrong?  Keep your petty comments to yourself.

I just gave a few suggestions to try and help out OP.. Hopefully to prevent him spending more money on something that may not be needed.. which is a better option than suggesting he bin the thing and spend more money. 

8 hours ago, Brace said:

I have a soundcard and I tried multiple different cables. I'll try pc we'll see i guess.

Any luck with the PC OP? same problem?

Cheers.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, Tz000 said:

Never said everyone else was wrong... Was clearly stating my experience with the product and I clearly said that it's possible it's defective... Does that mean everyone else with a positive experience with the minimic is wrong?  Keep your petty comments to yourself.

I just gave a few suggestions to try and help out OP.. Hopefully to prevent him spending more money on something that may not be needed.. which is a better option than suggesting he bin the thing and spend more money. 

Any luck with the PC OP? same problem?

Cheers.

Sorry dont check this site much. PC had same issue, contacted support and their sending a new one.