Ultrawide Monitors SLI setup fail?

Go to solution Solved by Z3R0_D4Y,
On 3/18/2018 at 3:04 PM, stealth80 said:

I just don't think its a configuration that can be supported, its either surround or SLI - I haven't had SLI since my 970s and I only ran one screen

Okay it worked. I've ordered an adpater hdmit o DVI-D and it worked as a charm!

So.. I have diving many google depths but I cannot find someone having the same issue as me (bad googling maybe..). 

I have a two MSI GTX1070's running in x8/x8 SLI, connected with two SLI ribbon cables (yes I know, I have to change that to HB SLI bridge but I am not yet finished with the build, but that will definitely happen sometime in the future). Also, I have two ultrawide monitors LG 29UM58-P and LG 29UM57-P (both have ONLY two HDMI ports. Currently they are connected via highspeed HDMI cables two SEPARATE GPU's.

THE PROBLEM 

While connected to two separate GPU's I cannot enable SLI through Nvidia control panel using both monitors separately (yeah its obvious that both monitors should be connected to one main GPU because when enabling SLI, the output will divert only on the monitor connected to the main GPU. SO you would ask so why can't I connect one monitor with HDMI and another via HDMI to DisplayPort cable. I can, but it doesn't work: When Plugging one monitor with hdmi-hdmi cable and another monitor with hdmi-displayport cable to the same (main GPU), PC goes through BIOS no problem, but as soon as it starts to load Windows the first monitor goes black and switched off, but the second switches on and with black screen. tried using different ports, different GPU's but no luck. restarting my pc only got me to the point when Windows recovery mode boots after bios stating that there was an issue during the start up (shows up only on 1 monitor). And whatever option I choose nothing changes. WHY?? I tried disconnecting one monitor, booting up with 1 monitor, connecting the second monitor when logged into windows and reconnecting the first monitor - they work (hooray) but not in SLI and when I finally update SLI settings in Nvidia control panel - screens go black again. And yes, I can enable SLI using Nvidia Surround - but c'mon its stupid to game with my aim in between the bezels. So..

Main question - how do I connect two monitors to the same GPU with the possibility to enable SLI on both monitors (i.e. gaming on 1 monitor and doing something else on the other)?

7 minutes ago, Z3R0_D4Y said:

Snip

What processor do you have? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

What processor do you have? 

i7-6700k

8gb 2133RAM

256Gb m.2 SSD

nothing is overclocked.. yet

4 minutes ago, Z3R0_D4Y said:

i7-6700k

Ok heres how I would skin this cat. Enable onboard graphics for 6700k in the bios and install the intel driver. Use the onboard IGPU to run the secondary monitor (obviously no 3d intense stuff) and then use your SLI-D 1070's to run the primary

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Ok heres how I would skin this cat. Enable onboard graphics for 6700k in the bios and install the intel driver. Use the onboard IGPU to run the secondary monitor (obviously no 3d intense stuff) and then use your SLI-D 1070's to run the primary

oh.. hehe that makes sense.. will defintiely try that but I still don' understand what could be the issue.. could it be the hdmi-displayport cable? I've ordered ad adapter for hdmi-dvi will see if that makes a difference

3 minutes ago, Z3R0_D4Y said:

oh.. hehe that makes sense.. will defintiely try that but I still don' understand what could be the issue.. could it be the hdmi-displayport cable? I've ordered ad adapter for hdmi-dvi will see if that makes a difference

I just don't think its a configuration that can be supported, its either surround or SLI - I haven't had SLI since my 970s and I only ran one screen

Ryzen Ram Guide

On 3/18/2018 at 3:04 PM, stealth80 said:

Okay it worked. I've ordered an adpater hdmit o DVI-D and it worked as a charm!