Sync Games Progress Across PC's

jond1122

Hello, I have 2 separate gaming computers that I would like to sync games progress between. From doing some research I could not find an easy way to do this and I was wondering if anyone could help. From what I found, it could be done through Dropbox with symbolic links but I could not get that to work. All of the games I want to sync are on steam so don't worry about another platform. I have a 4 TB external hard drive i can bring back and forth so can I install the games on there and still have the progress? Thanks.      

unless they have cloud sync I am not aware of a way. Sorry. I would be fascinated to know as well so my laptop and desktop would sync progress / hours

Steam and Origin have clouds to do that automatically. GOG.com might have cloud for some games too. Otherwise you need to copy savegame folder.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Most games save their progress in one of the following folders (in order of most likely to least likely):

• C:\Users\[username]\Documents
  • C:\Users\[username]\AppData. Most of the time it's in the "Roaming" folder, but some games use the "Local" folder
  • C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games
  • Where the game is installed (though this is more common for games published before 2006).

So if you regularly back those up, you can keep your game progress.