Weird monitor problem

IMhereNOW
Go to solution Solved by Hip,

I also doubt that this is a monitor related issue. I'd like to know what your hardware specs are.

Hi, 

I've bought a Benq XL2420G monitor and I love the 144 Hz and G-Sync, it's really smooth. But only as long as I can keep the framerate maxed out. In some games, especially FPS games, I get some stuttering if the framerate drops. That's normal if the framerate e.g. drops from 144 fps to 115 fps. So I tried activating V-Sync and limiting the fps to avoid any big drops. However, that didn't change anything at all. If I choose a limit of 120 fps and it drops to like 118 fps, there's still a horrible stuttering. The games freeze for around 0.5 seconds. I'd say that's quite strange, since I normally didn't really notice small drops like that. It doesn't seem to make any difference if G-Sync is turned off. After all, I don't really have a problem with the drops, I know it's normal that cards can't always keep the framerate at 120 fps of recent AAA titles. But why do the games stutter and freeze if they drop just 2 to 5 fps below that? 

The reason why I think it's a monitor problem, is that it didn't happen with my old Monitor while using the same hardware.

I also doubt that this is a monitor related issue. I'd like to know what your hardware specs are.

i7 8700K

Z370 Gaming i7

GTX 1070 G1

16 GB RAM

Ok, thank you guys. I think I just found the problem: I disabled the Windows 10 Game Bar and it instantly fixed it. It seems like it had some problems with 144 Hz, on my old TV and monitor it's fine at 60 Hz without any stuttering, despite the game bar being activated. I have no idea at all why it causes problems at 144 Hz but not on the old 60 Hz screens but that seems to be the reason why I thought it's the monitor.