Upgrading from BenQ E2420HD - LCD monitor - Full HD (1080p) - 24"

loppantorkel

Is it worth upgrading? ..and to what? Mostly playing PC games of various graphical standards. I've got a Radeon 380 and a AMD Phenom II X6 PC from 2009/10. I'm going to build a new PC in a year or two, but I'm not in a hurry. Seems like a bad time to build a PC.. but maybe a new screen? Are they worth it? Seems 1080p still are around and okay..

If it's doing everything you need it to, I wouldn't upgrade. The most I would do is upgrade your CPU, motherboard, and RAM.

The current PC component market is only really bad with GPU and RAM prices, but 8Gb DDR4 isn't too expensive if you don't give a crap for aesthetics.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

^^ From your specs I'd look at a PC upgrade before a monitor upgrade.  You aren't gonna be gaming at 1440 or higher resolution on that setup.  So just ride out with your setup until you are ready to upgrade everything I'd say. 

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.