gtx 1050 wont work with A58 Asrock chipset????

Hello guys
Last year i sold my previous pc to a friend of mine. The pc had an AMD A8 7600 APU , 8gb of ddr3 ram hyperx , and the Asrock FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 motherboard with the a58 chipset as the name suggests.

My friend managed to save up and get a KFA gtx 1050 2gb , when we connected the gpu to the pc the pc wouldnt even reach the bios screen, there was no signal displayed , the pc would spin its fans (including the gpu fan) and then it would shut down and attempt to boot again with the same results. At first I though it was either the gpu or the PSU ( a 80+ 500watt silverstone one ) , we checked the PSU to a technician and it was ok , the technician also checked the gpu to another pc and it would work fine. Then we though that the pci slot was somehow damaged , we checked another card to the slot and it worked fine ( dont remember what card it was , but i guess it was older than the Pascal architecture ) the 1050 also uses the power from the pcie slot (75watts for the 1050, my gtx 750 worked fine with the same mobo where it draw 60watts ).

The technician says the GPU isnt compatible with the motherboard. I found that very strange cause Ive heard of such problem only on older PCs. I noticed that there isnt a bios update for the motherborad after the release of the Pascal Gpu architecture so could that be the problem?

Im really confused and the technician suggested we buy another motherboard.

Will the problem if that is the problem be solved with a newer motherboard of the same a58 chipset? ( although i mostly find A68 chipset boards for the FM2+ socket now in shops i dont know if there will be any difference but better go with the newer chipset..)

Thanks for any help :)

11 minutes ago, ExtenZe said:

Hello guys
Last year i sold my previous pc to a friend of mine. The pc had an AMD A8 7600 APU , 8gb of ddr3 ram hyperx , and the Asrock FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 motherboard with the a58 chipset as the name suggests.

My friend managed to save up and get a KFA gtx 1050 2gb , when we connected the gpu to the pc the pc wouldnt even reach the bios screen, there was no signal displayed , the pc would spin its fans (including the gpu fan) and then it would shut down and attempt to boot again with the same results. At first I though it was either the gpu or the PSU ( a 80+ 500watt silverstone one ) , we checked the PSU to a technician and it was ok , the technician also checked the gpu to another pc and it would work fine. Then we though that the pci slot was somehow damaged , we checked another card to the slot and it worked fine ( dont remember what card it was , but i guess it was older than the Pascal architecture ) the 1050 also uses the power from the pcie slot (75watts for the 1050, my gtx 750 worked fine with the same mobo where it draw 60watts ).

The technician says the GPU isnt compatible with the motherboard. I found that very strange cause Ive heard of such problem only on older PCs. I noticed that there isnt a bios update for the motherborad after the release of the Pascal Gpu architecture so could that be the problem?

Will the problem if that is the problem be solved with a newer motherboard of the same a58 chipset? ( although i mostly find A68 chipset boards for the FM2+ socket now in shops i dont know if there will be any difference but better go with the newer chipset..)

No, it's fine. mobo is compatible

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

37 minutes ago, JDE said:

No, it's fine. mobo is compatible

i know theoritically it should work , the technician said that it should work and the only solution he can think of is to buy another brand motherboard.

1 hour ago, ExtenZe said:

Hello guys

From what i gathered there is an APU installed.. did you turn of the APU in bios prior to installing the 1050 ? that could be done

Boot to the computer without the GPU installed than uninstall all of the graphics drivers then reinstall the GPU

Setup:

Name: Ryzentosh

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400mhz

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thermaltake Smart RGB Series 600W

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." ~ Murray Walker RIP

On 16/3/2018 at 9:18 PM, ForChickenNuggets said:

Boot to the computer without the GPU installed than uninstall all of the graphics drivers then reinstall the GPU

already tried that :) same results

On 16/3/2018 at 9:10 PM, Kenjo said:

From what i gathered there is an APU installed.. did you turn of the APU in bios prior to installing the 1050 ? that could be done

If I remember correctly I believe we tried that, I certainly remember that the primary graphics processing unit was set to PCIE in the bios and we had the APU gpu set to auto , so it should select the external gpu , the problem is wouldnt the pc outpout signal from tue APU if we turned it on that way? Because we tried checking both the APU and the GTX 1050 and there was no signal , in fact the computer wont even display the boot screen its just a black screen..

56 minutes ago, ExtenZe said:

If I remember correctly I believe we tried that, I certainly remember that the primary graphics processing unit was set to PCIE in the bios and we had the APU gpu set to auto , so it should select the external gpu , the problem is wouldnt the pc outpout signal from tue APU if we turned it on that way? Because we tried checking both the APU and the GTX 1050 and there was no signal , in fact the computer wont even display the boot screen its just a black screen..

From what i gathered here is that you wont get picture from either the APU or the GPU, do you get a picture without the gpu installed ? if thats the case there is something wrong with your "new" gpu tbh , it sucks i know

On 19/3/2018 at 9:29 AM, Kenjo said:

From what i gathered here is that you wont get picture from either the APU or the GPU, do you get a picture without the gpu installed ? if thats the case there is something wrong with your "new" gpu tbh , it sucks i know

i get picture with the APU graphics only when the new gpu is not installed , when the gpu is installed the pc wont even boot in the bios screen it will shut of and restart. The new GPU works perfectly on another computer , its very strange...

18 hours ago, ExtenZe said:

i get picture with the APU graphics only when the new gpu is not installed , when the gpu is installed the pc wont even boot in the bios screen it will shut of and restart. The new GPU works perfectly on another computer , its very strange...

So in bios, can you turn of Apu/igpu and set to only use Pci-e gpu also you using the DVI or Hdmi ? if hdmi use the 1st hdmi port , if dvi and no picture im at a loss tbh