Audio keeps breaking up.

Neil96

Hello, recently my audio on my desktop has been breaking up lately. This started around Monday 3/12/18. Any video I watch online like YouTube or videos on my pc, the audio keeps breaking up. This also happens when listening to music as well, online or on pc as well. I use a Fiio Olympus 2 dac, so I tried using the headphone port on my pc and still the audio breaks up. I swapped out headphones cables and headphone itself and no prevail. I'm running on Windows 8.1 Pro if this provides any detail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

First course of action should be to determine if it is a software or hardware error. Perhaps make yourself a ubuntu linux live USB stick to boot from, and check if the problem is still present when working in linux for a while. That should be a easy way to test with a clean OS without having to reinstall your windows.

Thank you for advice. Before I attempted your advice, I decided to clean my PC, all of its fans and dust that accumulated. While doing that, I decided to take the battery out of the motherboard and put it back in. When I rebooted the PC, all audio problems went away, and it's been good for the past two days.