Is a 360 rad enough for 2 1080 TI’s

is the rad thick or thin.how many fans. is the 360 only for gpu no cpu? Are you overclocking or not?

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

1 minute ago, showerhandle said:

is the rad thick or thin.how many fans. is the 360 only for gpu no cpu? Are you overclocking or not?

Thick, specifically the EK - Coolstream XE / no CPU / no

Most likely

You really shouldnt be getting two 1080tis in the first place though...

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

hick, specifically the EK - Coolstream XE / no CPU / no

Ya this will definitely work just make sure you load it up with good  fans

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

Just now, QuantumBit said:

Most likely

You really shouldnt be getting two 1080tis in the first place though...

Why not?

not now 

maB 2080 and when the price goes down

Just now, showerhandle said:

Ya this will definitely work just make sure you load it up with good HPA fans

HPA?

I’m gonna use Corsair ML120 RGB fans. Will that work?

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Why not?

not now 

maB 2080 and when the price goes down

maB?

SLI is buggy, supported by less and less developers, and even hinders performance in some games. Also with inflation youre paying 2k for two GPUs

What do you want to run?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

HPA?

I’m gonna use Corsair ML120 RGB fans. Will that work?

hpa was a typo   and yes they will work well.

Spoiler

Just now, QuantumBit said:

maB?

SLI is buggy, supported by less and less developers, and even hinders performance in some games. Also with inflation youre paying 2k for two GPUs

What do you want to run?

Overwatch Destiny 2 and newer games.

What resolution?

Overwatch is a relatively light

Destiny two doesnt need two gpus.

There are VERY rare scenarios where 2x the price will be worth it. Most games you'll get a 30% boost for 200% the price. If it even supports it.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

1 minute ago, showerhandle said:

hpa was a typo   and yes they will work well.

Oh ok.

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

if you are doing gamming only stay away from sli. it will only make your life harder and sometimes it will hurt your frames even.

Spoiler

If you crave balls to the wall buy a 1080ti for now then upgrade to the newest one when it comes out. sliis a dying platform and is being abandonded left and right, nvidia is not even pushing it that much anymore.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Those dont require 2 gpus to run(even at 4k)   

SLI is bad because you are paying 2x for the rare chance that you may get 30% more performance, or even lose performance.

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

What resolution?

Overwatch is a relatively light

Destiny two doesnt need two gpus.

There are VERY rare scenarios where 2x the price will be worth it. Most games you'll get a 30% boost for 200% the price. If it even supports it.

So you’re saying that 2 GPUs are useless.

Won’t they just be useful for other purposes?

Edited by CyberFern0

So you’re saying that 2 GPUs are useless.

Won’t they just be useful for other purposes?

Not at all. Unless youre doing something like deep learning or whatever thats called.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

What other purposes are you doing any solidworks, mining, deeplearning, ai, rendering, or virtual machine work. 

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, showerhandle said:

What other purposes are you doing any solidworks, mining, deeplearning, ai, rendering, or virtual machine work. 

You gotta point...

9 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

You gotta point...

Yw for saving you $800 :)

On the topic of saving money, that 1080ti will run fine without a custom loop

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

I had the same intention as you and once I saw the performance of one 1080ti I dropped the SLi idea.

the cooler on min (strix) was more than enough to cool the card, but I went with water for the noise benefits (and for the e-peen) I have a single 360 MLC Phoenix and that keeps the card cool even with the fans on their lowest setting. I’m sure I could easily go cpu+gpu on this rad.

And what the 2nd gpu will cost you can spend that money on a nice monitor.Or used it to upgrade the cpu or something you'd see a return worth it.The other thing to run 2 gpus specially high end ones your looking 850 to 1300 watt psu.Its like 150 for a 750 watt or less but past 1000 watts your looking 200 to 300 range+plus the 2nd gpus price.Most games you can run 1440p ultra settings with over 100fps depending the game with one high end card,Or 60fps 4k depending the game and settings.If you want 4k ultra settings and more then 60fps then go for that 2nd card if not id pass on it.The reason i say that is 4k monitors are 60 hz right now and to get past that you need some 4k tvs or wait tell the faster 4k monitors to come out which will be north of a grand us.Depending the monitor you can get a 144hz 1440p for 500 to 800 range and be bigger in size then a 4k.

15 hours ago, QuantumBit said:

Yw for saving you $800 :)

On the topic of saving money, that 1080ti will run fine without a custom loop

The post above just reminded me of this. What if I wanted to gete a 4K 144Hz monitor. Will a single 1080 TI be enough?

5 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

And what the 2nd gpu will cost you can spend that money on a nice monitor.Or used it to upgrade the cpu or something you'd see a return worth it.The other thing to run 2 gpus specially high end ones your looking 850 to 1300 watt psu.Its like 150 for a 750 watt or less but past 1000 watts your looking 200 to 300 range+plus the 2nd gpus price.Most games you can run 1440p ultra settings with over 100fps depending the game with one high end card,Or 60fps 4k depending the game and settings.If you want 4k ultra settings and more then 60fps then go for that 2nd card if not id pass on it.The reason i say that is 4k monitors are 60 hz right now and to get past that you need some 4k tvs or wait tell the faster 4k monitors to come out which will be north of a grand us.Depending the monitor you can get a 144hz 1440p for 500 to 800 range and be bigger in size then a 4k.

Everyone's saying that I will see a decrease in performance.