Good headset?

MrRemnant

I'm looking for a good headset- sound quality and a good mic for my pc, mainly for gaming. The best headset for a low price. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

43 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

I'm looking for a good headset- sound quality and a good mic for my pc, mainly for gaming. The best headset for a low price. 

And what "low price" would that be? 

Please try to think about the information we get in order to answer your question, This is quite vague.

You've specified that it will be mainly for gaming, What should the maximum price of the headset be?

1 hour ago, ErykYT3 said:

And what "low price" would that be? 

Please try to think about the information we get in order to answer your question, This is quite vague.

You've specified that it will be mainly for gaming, What should the maximum price of the headset be?

Well, I don’t know how much a headset costs so idk what a low price actually is, just what’s low based off prices of other headsets. Preferably under £60. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

2 hours ago, JBIZZL3Y said:

hyper x clouds FTW!! had mine a couple years and they're awesome, good mic, decent sound quality, well made....

Amazon link?

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

Okay, so I recently got some more cans because frankly I needed them. Me and my girlfriend have been sharing the Corsair H2100 headset for almost 2 years. It finally broke this weekend...

Currently am rocking:

Symphonized Wraith 2.0: $40 (2 years ago)

x2PAPQY.jpg

gIEtKVJ.jpg

I picked these up in 2015 and they have held up quite well.. 40mm drivers, stainless steel and wood build, plus braided detachable cables! Price at the time $40 on Amazon

Pros:

• Bass is really good, I'd compare them to Beats, but Beats just drowns you in Bass.
  • Build quality: Very simple and durable. Plus the carrying bag is nice and protects them from scratches.
  • Loud sound for small drivers!
  • Great for EDM and RAP music
  • Detachable braided cables! You get standard and then one with in-line mic for Android/IOS.

Cons:

• Earcup size is rather small and is an on-ear headphone. After extended use, your ears will hurt and get really hot.
  • Vocals aren't that clear, but better when compared to something like Beats
  • Cracks a bit at max volume, but in all honesty, I don't like listening to anything at max volume.
  • Bad for Metal and Pop (Yeah I listen to metal and pop)

Razer Adarro DJ: $34-$40 (Depending on Sale)

XuviKDv.jpg

R7W7Fom.jpg

I picked these up a week ago... 50mm Drivers, metal and plastic design, plus are foldable! They were $38 on Amazon (Sometimes they go down to $34 or hover around $40).

Pros:

• Price tag! I think they are discontinued or something, but they were originally $199 when they launched!
  • Build quality: They feel very durable and robust. The earcups are made of aluminum and plastic with large earcups.
  • These are over the ear, which means they don't rest on your ears. 
  • Vocals are a lot more clearer than on my Symphonized Wraith 2.0s. The sound stage feels a lot bigger, like the sound sounds like its coming from far away rather than drumming right on your ear.
  • Durable carrying case!
  • Good for listening to Metal, Death Metal, and Pop
  • Detachable cables!

Cons:

• Bass wasn't as good as I thought it was. The Symphonized Wraith 2.0s have much better bass.
  • Bad for listening to EDM or Rap.
  • Clamping force also isn't as strong as the Symphonized Wraith 2.0s.
  • Not braided cables...

Cougar Phontum: $50

0Ta95Uy.jpg

0lYjiAx.jpg

These were the most impressive! 53mm drivers, huge over the ear earcups, build quality and materials!

Pros:

• Build quality: Made of one single anodized steel clamp with light leather/pseudo leather on the headband.
  • Amazing comfort as the earcups are very deep. 
  • Amazing clamping force!
  • Braided cables!
  • Great Bass! Not as deep as Symphonized Wraith 2.0s or Beats, but very acceptable
  • Detachable mic and audio/mic splitter for PC

Cons:

• Vocals aren't that clear, like with the Razer Adarro DJs.
  • Non-detachable audio cable.
  • Fairly short audio cable. This does not include the included splitter for PC.

I was going to pick up the Corsair HS50s for the same price as these Couger ones, but then I noticed that these have detachable mics, braided cables, and have huge earcups!

As per my solution... It depends on your budget and what you really want.

You can pick up a condenser mic on Amazon for $30 with included XLR amp and XLR to 2.5mm or 3.5mm mic jack and use something like the Razer Adarro DJs for pure audio. The mic quality on gaming headsets aren't great, especially on budget ones. I personally have a condenser mic with stand ($12 extra) and use regular headphones, like the Wraiths or Adarros. Reaon why I picked up the Cougars was because the condensers pick up background audio and sometimes I am streaming (will use condenser mic) and don't mind my girlfriend blasting her game next to me. Other times I am playing with friends and don't need background noise interfering with communications and the Cougar mic doesn't pick up much background noise.

Check Out My 2 PC Builds! - Fall 2015

Check Out My Twin PC Builds! - Fall 2016 (Revival)