I need a little help

Okay where to start.. (Specs at end)

Me and my brother have been trying for a weak to get my first rig built. We've tried everything from taking it completely apart to reseting the CMOS to trying 1, 2, and no ram. We've unplugged the reset switch and still the same thing. We start it. It won't boot. No signal out, even with a graphics card ripped out of his system and used to run to the monitor. It runs for about 15 to 30 seconds shuts itself off and tries to reboot with no avail. The case fans light up. The cpu fan runs. And the mobo lights comes on. The power button, 2 front usb3.1 ports come on and there's a signal to the front headset port. This is the second mobo we have tried and both did the same thing. I just dont know what to do and neither does he after 18 seals of I.T. training. 

Case: cooler master masterbox lite5

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Fatal1ty k4

Cpu: Ryzen3 2200G with built in Vega 8 graphics processing (with provided stock cooler)

Ram: geil evo potenza 8GB 2x4GB DDR4

HDD: Toshiba p300 3TB hard drive

PSU: PowerSpec 650W 80A semi modular 

15209972826641809874236.jpg

15209973894171519484931.jpg

In addition to the BIOS update mentioned above, how about the thermal paste on the CPU?

Make sure you are 100% certain you are selecting the correct settings in the bios for your memory as well as that your memory is listed under the mobo manufacturers supported memory list

is the cooler properly seated? what about thermal paste? Is it flashed for this APU? the new Ryzen processors need a bios update to run on older boards. If it has not been flashed to a more recent bios that could be your problem

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

Everything is properly seated. As for the thermal paste its arctic silver 5. And  I can't even get to the bios because its not displaying anything. Past my fans and lights nothing is happening. 

Okay I think I need to flash my bios with a different cpu. Does anybody think microcenter would do that for me?

1 hour ago, noobpro97 said:

Okay I think I need to flash my bios with a different cpu. Does anybody think microcenter would do that for me?

They can but might charge you for that, same problem here too

On 3/14/2018 at 12:17 AM, noobpro97 said:

Okay where to start.. (Specs at end)

Me and my brother have been trying for a weak to get my first rig built. We've tried everything from taking it completely apart to reseting the CMOS to trying 1, 2, and no ram. We've unplugged the reset switch and still the same thing. We start it. It won't boot. No signal out, even with a graphics card ripped out of his system and used to run to the monitor. It runs for about 15 to 30 seconds shuts itself off and tries to reboot with no avail. The case fans light up. The cpu fan runs. And the mobo lights comes on. The power button, 2 front usb3.1 ports come on and there's a signal to the front headset port. This is the second mobo we have tried and both did the same thing. I just dont know what to do and neither does he after 18 seals of I.T. training. 

Case: cooler master masterbox lite5

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Fatal1ty k4

Cpu: Ryzen3 2200G with built in Vega 8 graphics processing (with provided stock cooler)

Ram: geil evo potenza 8GB 2x4GB DDR4

HDD: Toshiba p300 3TB hard drive

PSU: PowerSpec 650W 80A semi modular 

15209972826641809874236.jpg

15209973894171519484931.jpg

Yea, everyone here is correct to say that it's the bios version needing to be updated..

I hate this issue. It really sucks. You're going to have to take it in somewhere to get it flashed.

By the way, if your CPU cable isn't reaching there to get it behind the mobo, you can route it behind the motherboard tray to make it look cleaner ;)

On 3/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, stateofpsychosis said:

Yea, everyone here is correct to say that it's the bios version needing to be updated..

I hate this issue. It really sucks. You're going to have to take it in somewhere to get it flashed.

By the way, if your CPU cable isn't reaching there to get it behind the mobo, you can route it behind the motherboard tray to make it look cleaner ;)

I know. I just kind of threw it together after my brotger had me breadboard it. And I took it in to microcenter because that's where I got the parts so if they fuck it up its their issue not mine. We did have a 430w psu but my brother thought it might be the power supply so I threw an extra $30 at it and upgraded straight to a semi modular 650w.

3 hours ago, noobpro97 said:

I know. I just kind of threw it together after my brotger had me breadboard it. And I took it in to microcenter because that's where I got the parts so if they fuck it up its their issue not mine. We did have a 430w psu but my brother thought it might be the power supply so I threw an extra $30 at it and upgraded straight to a semi modular 650w.

That's a good idea either way.

The power supply is the most important part of your system, because if it blows it can take out every other component with it so yea.. you don't want a cheap, crappy one.