B350 For 2200G

Does anyone know any motherboards or vendors of them in the UK with B350 chipsets that would support a 2200G out of the box (i.e. not requiring the BIOS be updated first)?

I am looking to do a Ryzen 3 build for my Dad, but don't have access to any Gen 1 chips I could use to update the BIOS and don't much feel like faffing about with having AMD send one that I'd have to return (which is apparently their temporary solution to the problem).

14 minutes ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

Does anyone know any motherboards or vendors of them in the UK with B350 chipsets that would support a 2200G out of the box (i.e. not requiring the BIOS be updated first)?

I am looking to do a Ryzen 3 build for my Dad, but don't have access to any Gen 1 chips I could use to update the BIOS and don't much feel like faffing about with having AMD send one that I'd have to return (which is apparently their temporary solution to the problem).

If you're buying at a physical location they should be able to update the BIOS for you, otherwise contact the online retailer first.

And probably go for the ASrock Pro 4 if it's the cheapest decent board like in the US.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you're buying at a physical location they should be able to update the BIOS for you, otherwise contact the online retailer first.

And probably go for the ASrock Pro 4 if it's the cheapest decent board like in the US.

You can also order AMD's BIOS flashing kit for free and deal with having to ship the CPU back to them.

Seconded, the Pro 4 is a fantastic board; I've had one for roughly 3 months now and really like it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!