Building my own R. Daneel

Okay, so,  I've always been interested in hardware. I've tore down old machines, watched a billion and one build guides, and even tried, and failed, to build a machine out of scraps from a bin. But finally, I am ready to construct my own machine out of new parts! This is not only a first build, but a budget build. I gave myself a budget of 400 dollars, and ended up blowing that budget by 200. Hopefully not in vain. All the parts have been ordered, and the last one shipped today, so come Friday, I will have all the parts and all weekend to build, though there *are* a few things I've been wondering about. 

Let's start with this: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/diogenesofindy/saved/BYxvVn

This is everything I have ordered so far. I know I'm missing a GPU, but damn it, I just can't afford it. And I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the prices are simply ridiculous, flat outrageous. 

Out of curiosity, I threw that build up on another tech forum, and they said it was a great budget build, but if they were to do anything, they'd get an I3 8100, and the mobo to fit it. Making it this: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/diogenesofindy/saved/v3wQVn

Now, if I were to return the mobo and cpu, I'd save a good 20 bucks, and the benchmark for the 8100 is 36 points better, according to http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8100-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6300/3942vs3536

At this point I should say, I am currently using an old as hell dell inspiron 530S. I haven't ever cracked open the case, but ik it's packing an Intel pentium E2200 (the benchmark comparison is pitiful http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-Dual-E2200-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6300/m1712vs3536 ) 

It's also got <4 gigs of, what I assume, DDR2 ram, though, like I said, I haven't opened it since I got it second hand. I'm running Linux Mint's Sarah on it atm. The fossil can't even run undertale or minecraft even in their lowest settings, and the fan sounds like a helicopter taking off. Needless to say, I really don't want to use it for much longer. I'm honestly afraid it'll catch fire. 

Basically, what I want to know is, is the performance boost between the two CPUs great enough for me to return the 6300 and mobo, wait for the refund, and then wait for the new parts? Or will is it so minor, I won't really notice it while I play MC and surf the interwebz? Whatcha think guise?

Anyway, whether or not I decided to keep the parts already bought I will be sharing my experience with you all. This is my first post, so excuse any faux pas. And thanks! 

UPDATE:

I've decided to just wait to get the better parts, I think this might suit my purposes. Also, I'm just really exited to get this started. 

Speaking of getting this started, the parts have arrived! Well.... Most of them anyway. I'm still waiting on the case and power supply. 

IMG_20180314_195207.jpg

Wew, it's been a crazy week and weekend! But all my parts arrived, and I've got it all built up! The power supply and case came in on the same day (last Friday) and I went ahead and built it that day. 
Each part works great, and she runs like a beaut. 

Sadly, distant relative of mine passed last Thursday, and I inherited about 2000 bucks.

Needless to say, I went ham. I bought a keyboard and mouse, rgb lighting, a 55in 4k TV, a ps4 controller, USB Bluetooth dongle, aaaaaannd a mother fuckin graphics card. I needed up getting a Gigabyte GeForce 1050ti it's pictured having the rgb purple. Needless to say, I changed that. 

Speaking of the rgb, in kinda regretting buying it, but it makes it look pretty, my daughter will be wowd, and it's just cool, imo. I'd like to figure out a sort of way to make it look better instead of having a wall of green.

Anyway, last thing to get is a stick or two of some ram. What does LTT think?

received_10213423178271549.jpeg

received_10213423178591557.jpeg

IMG_20180319_124533.jpg