Coole Master Hyper 212x Issue

OpticFusion

Hi

I am having issues installing the Cooler Master Hyper 212x, which I am been trying for a few hours.The issue is the X bracket is not level on one side to the other. Here are the some pictures to show the problem.

Thanks

IMAG0160[1].jpg

IMAG0161[1].jpg

IMAG0163[1].jpg

IMAG0166[1].jpg

IMAG0168_BURST013[1].jpg

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

holy crap this throws me back to when i had the exact same issue, i'm trying to remember how i figured it out 

Oh so other people have had this issue before.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

Just now, OpticFusion said:

yeh i remember the instructions being complete crap and spending a full day before i figured it out

Here is the X bracket installed without the CPU cooler.

IMAG0169[1].jpg

IMAG0170[1].jpg

IMAG0172[1].jpg

I'g going to dismantle my media pc to figure out what i did, will get back to you within 5 minutes

check to see if those are the right standoffs or if they're installed properly, and check with the manual.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I tried to put a lot of force but still it doesn't want to go in, which also made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I'g going to dismantle my media pc to figure out what i did, will get back to you within 5 minutes

Ok thanks

5 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

check to see if those are the right standoffs or if they're installed properly, and check with the manual.

I check the manual  and I found out that I made one mistake and I corrected it but the same issue still occurs.

Cooler Issues.png

My board is the LGA1151 and going to be running a core i5 6600k

4 minutes ago, OpticFusion said:

Ok thanks

Ok, i figured it out, somewhere in the box or wherever your building your pc is a small bag containing  4 hollow plastic circles, they sit between the standoff and the motherboard and give it the extra high required, photo included:

IMG_20180313_004940.jpg

My board is the LGA1151 and going to be running a core i5 6600k

mine was a haswell i7 but same mounting system

Oh but I can't seem to find those fittings, let me check again.

Would it be in a separate box you mean?

Would it be in a separate box you mean?

i found mine under the table i was building the pc on, they don't come in the box with everything else 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

i found mine under the table i was building the pc on, they don't come in the box with everything else 

that was poorly worded, they come with the cooler, just not in the container with all the other mounting hardware 

6 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Ok, i figured it out, somewhere in the box or wherever your building your pc is a small bag containing  4 hollow plastic circles, they sit between the standoff and the motherboard and give it the extra high required, photo included:

IMG_20180313_004940.jpg

What about these, which I found in the box,

IMAG0173[1].jpg

What about these, which I found in the box,

IMAG0173[1].jpg

no those are to let you mount your own fan to the cooler, the part your looking for are 4 black circles, about 1.5cm across and 2cm deep 

You mean this container?

IMAG0174[1].jpg

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

no those are to let you mount your own fan to the cooler, the part your looking for are 4 black circles, about 1.5cm across and 2cm deep 

Oh okay

let me watch a unboxing video.

16 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

is this the screw you mean?

IMAG0176[1].jpg

Can you please explain to me where to find those 4 circles?

Thanks

1 hour ago, OpticFusion said:

I had it but not to this extent mine was enough that i could just push it down but try to screw in the opposite corners first im pretty new to pc building though so i wouldnt listen to me to much ?