Plasti dip

Benjals

Hey, I'm looking into custom cases and modifications and one thing I'm wondering about is spray cans.

In terms of spraying a case (smaller micro atx ones) how many cans will be used, and more specifically is this the same amount as a standard plasti dip can?

Thankyou :)

If you are doing several layers i think two cans would be enough. I think you can get away with one :)

Apparently not. ;D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

If you are doing several layers i think two cans would be enough. I think you can get away with one :)

Nope. You're looking at about 1 can per panel. 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Nope. You're looking at about 1 can per panel.

Oh really?

Do you know of any places that sell them cheap? :)

I don't think two cans will be enough if you painting a decent sized case inside and out.. I used two cans on 4x 15 inch wheels. The Plastidip I used were 400ml pr can and I suppose that's quite normal for that size.

Oh really?

Do you know of any places that sell them cheap? :)

Home depot has them for pretty cheap.  It usually takes two cans or more to do a set of rims so I would guess at least that much for a mid tower or larger case.  Probably 3 or 4.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Noooooo.  In order to get the right thickness for Plasti dip you need at least one can per rim.  I watch a lot of dipyourcar videos and I tried dipping my wheels a while ago.   For a micro ATX case, i'd do one can per big side panel, so maybe four overall.  Just do the first coat so that there's 50% opacity, then wait 15 minutes and spray til its all covered lightly.  Then wait another 15 and do a medium coat and then finally a heavy coat.  This way you are going to be able to peel it off when you want to and so it doesn't peel and tear easily.  If you go to dipyourcar.com its pretty cheap and they have all the colors you could ever want. 

And Plasti-dip doesn't really go on exactly like spray paint so you should do your research on youtube and stuff before you start.  

You need 3-4 coats, 1 can per coat, on a mid size.there's a video by mnpc doing it to a set of panels.

I did all of the drive sleds and rear PCI slot covers on a define r4 with 2 cans

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

I don't think two cans will be enough if you painting a decent sized case inside and out.. I used two cans on 4x 15 inch wheels. The Plastidip I used were 400ml pr can and I suppose that's quite normal for that size.

was it in green? And is your car blue?

PlastiDip is great. Used it a bunch on my old Audi A4 when i was more into wrenching. I suggest you shoot some scrap cardboard before you shoot anything just to get a handle on how to control the texture (essentially the father away you hold the can the rougher the texture will be). I also reccomend you do at least two coats...think i used three on the front grill of the A4 and she never chipped or worse :)