Help, used msi laptop

I need your advice on buying a used msi gs63 7rf laptop.

It has i7 7700hq,gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb 2400mhz ram, 256gb nvme ssd + 1tb hdd 5400.

It is 1100$, i made a deal to pay 700$ and get the laptop, then pay the rest the following month.

My questions are:

Do msi laptops age well?

Are they good quality?

Is there anything wrong with them that i need to know?

What tests can i run before buying it? (i will have short time to test it before buying it)

I have read some reviews on this laptop but i still dont know if it is worth it for the money.

The attached pics are actual photos from the laptop.

used1.jpg

used.jpg

Thanks for your help!

The batteries MSI uses are atrociously small.

I am always looking for alrounder machines so that is the only thing I recall about them because that is a make or break for me. If you want this as a portable desktop you won't care as you will only use it with power outlets nearby but I dobut this will run 4h in idle or even typing a word document.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

For a pre-built laptop, I guess the answers to your questions really depend on what you do with the laptop and how much you stress it. The more you push it, the shorter it'll live. In general, under normal use conditions (short, light gaming, some video/photo editing) that laptop should last you a long time. MSI makes great laptops, so I won't worry about build quality. Before you buy it though, I would run some benchmarks and compare it with other MSI laptops with the same model. Or bench each individual component and make sure they are performing as they should. Try doing a light 15 minute stress test and make sure temps are fine. If you can, open the laptop up and inspect the components to make sure nothing is damaged. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

For starters, that's a great deal for that spec laptop.

How well laptops age is mostly dependent on their hardware. Although the boot SSD isn't huge, I don't see why it wouldn't age well.

I haven't personally used an MSI laptop, but I've heard that if you do have issues, their support can be a pain in the ass.

I would say go for it though.

7 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

The batteries MSI uses are atrociously small.

I am always looking for alrounder machines so that is the only thing I recall about them because that is a make or break for me. If you want this as a portable desktop you won't care as you will only use it with power outlets nearby but I dobut this will run 4h in idle or even typing a word document.

The short battery life is not a dealbreaker for me, i will only use it on battery for around 2-3hrs on light stuff

7 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

For a pre-built laptop, I guess the answers to your questions really depend on what you do with the laptop and how much you stress it. The more you push it, the shorter it'll live. In general, under normal use conditions (short, light gaming, some video/photo editing) that laptop should last you a long time. MSI makes great laptops, so I won't worry about build quality. Before you buy it though, I would run some benchmarks and compare it with other MSI laptops with the same model. Or bench each individual component and make sure they are performing as they should. Try doing a light 15 minute stress test and make sure temps are fine. If you can, open the laptop up and inspect the components to make sure nothing is damaged. 

What kind of benchmarks dou you recomend?

1 minute ago, ChronosSage said:

What kind of benchmarks dou you recomend?

Unigine, Geekbench, Userbenchmark, and Aida64 for stress testing if you have it. If not, use something like Prime95. And as always, make sure to try doing tasks you normally do on a laptop (like gaming) to make sure it performs up to your expectations. I also recommend keeping HWinfo open in the background to monitor temps. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")