No signal to monitor and CPU not detected

Go to solution Solved by Arttu89,

Do you have any friends nearby who got a ryzen CPU/motherboard, so you can take your PC to their place and try swapping parts in or a computer shop that can test it for you? Just by the description of the problem it's difficult to tell what might be causing the issues without seeing it and/or swapping parts in.

Hey, so I just upgraded from Intel to an msi gaming pro b350 and an r3 1200 and there is no signal to the monitor. There is a debug light on my motherboard that I think says that the cpu isn't detected (the manual is pretty unclear), but it may say there is no boot drive. I have windows 10 installed on an SSD inside. I reinstalled the Mobo and the cpu, checked and tried the cables, and checked my power. My ram is an 8gb kit of vengeance lpx 2400 MHz ddr4. I have no idea what to do.

Now just because this has happened before, you have your video cable plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard, right?
As for no CPU detection, thats usually a bad sign, if you havent already, clear the CMOS and try again.

I have it plugged into the gpu. I'm trying the jump now

I can't seem to find the jumper. Is there any place I should look on particular, or can I just use a bent wire?

Just now, Onslovo said:

I can't seem to find the jumper. Is there any place I should look on particular, or can I just use a bent wire?

If its not a button, just remove the coin battery, unplug it, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, re-install the coin battery, plug it back in and turn it on again.

I cant remember the last time i used the CMOS reset jumpers.

Another interesting issue is that the computer will turn on from the switch on the case, but not off. All fans spin and everything seems to work

Still no signal. I did hear some creaks and pops while installing the stock CPU cooler. Nothing crazy, but I did have to push down pretty hard to get the screws in. No physical damage whatsoever, so is it likely the motherboard or CPU?

10 minutes ago, Onslovo said:

Still no signal. I did hear some creaks and pops while installing the stock CPU cooler. Nothing crazy, but I did have to push down pretty hard to get the screws in. No physical damage whatsoever, so is it likely the motherboard or CPU?

Are you sure all the pins on the CPU are ok? You shouldn't have to push down on the cooler to get the screws in.

Pins are fine, the cooler just has screws with springs on them so getting them all in is a hassle. The power light on the case does not turn on and the case connections are definitely in the right way, so maybe the Mobo is shorted?

Do you have any friends nearby who got a ryzen CPU/motherboard, so you can take your PC to their place and try swapping parts in or a computer shop that can test it for you? Just by the description of the problem it's difficult to tell what might be causing the issues without seeing it and/or swapping parts in.

what GPU do you have?

if you have no dedicated GPU, the mobo video out ports are for the newer 2200/2400G CPUs.

To anybody with the same problem, it is most likely due to the Mobo shipping with an outdated bios. A computer store will update it for a price, or you can send it to the manufacturer.