Audio technica ATH-AD700X

Ryan.L

so i have been looking for a good headset for gaming and music, I was wondering what other people think of these headphones? are they worth the money?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

@Barnacules to the rescue

@Ryan.L

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I have the A900x, they are closed headphones and the soundstage is very wide without compromising any audio. Bass isn't loud but tight and doesn't hurt your ear.

I have the A900x, they are closed headphones and the soundstage is very wide without compromising any audio. Bass isn't loud but tight and doesn't hurt your ear.

i dont need heavy bass just good sound stage and i like open headphones.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

Let me put on the AD700x's right next to me....lost my bass response in the process. 

;

Let me put on the AD700x's right next to me....lost my bass response in the process. 

haha what do u mean?

If you're worried about the price, OP, maybe consider the Pioneer SE-A1000. I did a comparison here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70517-comparison-pioneer-se-a1000-vs-audio-technica-ath-ad500x/

im not worried about the price. what headphones do u prefer?

;

haha what do u mean?

I took of one pair off headphones, and in the process of putting on the AD700x's, I lost my bass response. There is no bass to be had, it took of down the stream.

I took of one pair off headphones, and in the process of putting on the AD700x's, I lost my bass response. There is no bass to be had, it took of down the stream.

It'd be good to know how the 500X compares to the 700X... *cough, wink, nudge*

It'd be good to know how the 500X compares to the 700X... *cough, wink, nudge*

I'll see what I can do. 

I'll see what I can do. 

If you can send me yours when you return the t400, I'll send you mine when I return it. Unless of course you can get a hold of a 500X.

If you can send me yours when you return the t400, I'll send you mine when I return it. Unless of course you can get a hold of a 500X.

Was tempted to offering buying them (T400's) off you. Mother has taken a liking to them.