USB wired mouse vs wireless mouse input lag?

I have a (x years old) Corsair Vengeance M95 USB wired gaming mouse and a Corsair M65 Pro USB wired gaming mouse. I've noticed there seems to be a noticeably larger amount of input lag with the M95 than the M65, And I was considering replacing the M95 for my laptop with a wireless gaming mouse. Is it possible for certain wired USB gaming mice to have MORE input lag than certain wireless gaming mice?

I play FPS games typically with maxed out DPI (12,000 on my M65 Pro) and low in game sensitivity, because I prefer my micro movements to register input.. Can anyone recommend me a good high DPI, low latency wireless gaming mouse? 

Do you care about battery life?
Does something like a powered USB wireless charging mat + a mouse that can recieve power from the mat and send data from the mat to your computer sound alright? (also is wireless but you can use it 'wireless' like that)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'd prefer to stay away from wireless charging mats, as it's for my laptop and i generally use it on my lap or on the couch with a small (flimsy) table stand.

something like, a hybrid, where you can use it wirelessly and it has a removable usb cable that can charge the mouse and use it wired if need be would be nice.

The logitech G603 can switch between a performance mode and a less power hungry mode for when you're not playing games. It takes batterys so you can't recharge but they last a long while.

The claim logitech made when they released their G900 was exactly that, that it had less input lag than the razer deathadder. With the G900/G903/G403 Wireless/G703 you might have to charge a couple times every week but you can use them with the charging cable plugged in like a conventional wired mouse.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Thanks for the find! by the way, is there a "sniper" button on the Logitech G900 or a button I can configure to change the DPI setting when pressed? I tend to use that a whole lot.

8 hours ago, Inkadinkadoo said:

Thanks for the find! by the way, is there a "sniper" button on the Logitech G900 or a button I can configure to change the DPI setting when pressed? I tend to use that a whole lot.

When I get my mouse, the DPI button will be my sniper button. The ones on the Corsair M65 pro look like they can be pressed way to easily.

3 hours ago, jefire411 said:

When I get my mouse, the DPI button will be my sniper button. The ones on the Corsair M65 pro look like they can be pressed way to easily.

I would've normally agreed with you, but now after using the M65 Pro's sniper button, it just feels unnatural on the m95 because the sniper button on the m65 is in the ergonomic position for your thumb to press it in it's resting position instead of having to move it to hit that button. I use this constantly, as I play with a high DPI-low sensitivity setting on CS:GO for quick turns and situational awareness, then hold the "sniper" button when i want to aim more precisely to shoot at someone. This wouldn't be achievable with the normal DPI arrow buttons that only switch between settings, while the "sniper" button only uses that lower (or higher) DPI setting while the button is depressed.

5 hours ago, Inkadinkadoo said:

I would've normally agreed with you, but now after using the M65 Pro's sniper button, it just feels unnatural on the m95 because the sniper button on the m65 is in the ergonomic position for your thumb to press it in it's resting position instead of having to move it to hit that button. I use this constantly, as I play with a high DPI-low sensitivity setting on CS:GO for quick turns and situational awareness, then hold the "sniper" button when i want to aim more precisely to shoot at someone. This wouldn't be achievable with the normal DPI arrow buttons that only switch between settings, while the "sniper" button only uses that lower (or higher) DPI setting while the button is depressed.

First off I would recommend not playing CS like that and just sticking to one low sensitivity. But if you must play like a weirdo :P then no the G900 unfortunately does not have a sniper button just the standard thumb buttons, and a dpi toggle behind the scroll wheel

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

18 hours ago, Rupe said:

First off I would recommend not playing CS like that and just sticking to one low sensitivity. But if you must play like a weirdo :P then no the G900 unfortunately does not have a sniper button just the standard thumb buttons, and a dpi toggle behind the scroll wheel

Well, it seems to be working for me! I typically get top frag in most of the casual matches I play using the "sniper" button (it's cringey just saying it, I know). But considering the G900 seems to have the lowest input lag for wireless mice, I might get it for that reason alone. Do you know if it's possible to map a sort of sniper button to one of the side buttons?

@Inkadinkadoo The G403 Wireless/G703 also has the same wireless tech as the G900/G903, so it's worth considering. Afraid I'm unsure if you can use the normal thumb buttons on the G900 as a sniper button.

Although you should really change how you play before it's too late! I think once you're used to one sensitivity you will thank yourself. Especially good if you want to venture out of casual into big boy comp matchmaking

• 1 month later...

Decided to go with the Corsair Dark Core RGB SE https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816109

It's cheaper, has higher DPI, has a sniper button, has wireless charging, looks way more ergonomic and less ugly, and has that same low latency tech. And as an added bonus, it matches the rest of my Corsair branding lol