Ryzen RAM Issues

So, I have had my Ryzen 5 1600 rig running for about a month in a Asus B350-F motherboard and for my first decent PC build it was problem free, it booted first time and it was all groovy.

HOWEVER, I was very concerned when picking parts about my RAM speeds because it helps Ryzen for gaming so I picked a 2x4GB Corsair LPX kit at 3200mhz and it is this kit: CMK8GX4M2B3200C16

So my issues where based around the clock speed it would run at and how it affected my system, because its DOCP (The AMD equivelant of an XMP profile) would result in a boot loop so that was out of the question and the most stable speed I could get to work was 2666mhz. Some games were much more sensitive to the RAM, GTA V was pretty ok on any speed up to 2800mhz but CSGO would crash frequently at anything above 2666mhz. I just went outside of my return zone whilst writing this (im an actual potato) and I have saved up enough to buy a replacment or something of a similar price, when looking on amazon (because us brits dont have newegg) I found an identical kit that was just 3000mhz that is in my motherboards QVL so if I bought this would it go at its rated speed? I am absolutely fine with 8gb for games, I havn't had any problams with it, but I really want to know if there is a fix to my problems before I pull the trigger on a bloody expensive purchase.

(I am using most recent BIOS aswell)

You should be testing with memtest, not just randomly playing games until something crashes.

What kind of voltage are you using? DDR4 is fine semi long term (don't keep it for 15 years or anything) even at 1.45v and sometimes up to 1.5v although that's more questionable. My RAM can suddenly get nice, tight timings and a fair BCLK-based overclock (2750MHz) when I set it to 1.45v. At 1.42 or so it's just hopeless and I have to run it at crappy timings at 2667MHz.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

I tried using memtest today and 2666mhz was all that worked for an hour without errors. I am using everything on auto for my settings except for voltage which is 1.35v and the speed which is obviously 2666. I dont understand how RAM timings or anything works, all I know is that the preset with the ideal timings for its speed it just craps the bed and I dont know how to fix it.

The easiest way to start off would be to set the timings setting to manual (if there's an overall "timing" or "memory configuration" setting or something) instead of XMP/Auto, but leave the individual timings at auto for now. Although later you can read up on timings and I'd recommend setting it at rated timings eventually, then if it's stable you can go down in small steps from there.

Anyway, try going up to at least 1.4v, that's absolutely no issue with DDR4. If you really want that overclock you're going to have to try upwards of 1.45v possibly, though. Like I said, it's safe. Tons of people run 1.5v+ daily.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

So I should start by bumping up the voltage to 1.4? I hate to sound like an absolute idiot but I dont understand what you mean by setting the timings the manual. I either stick it on auto or type something in, and I have no clue how it works so I aint tampering with it yet.

Hold on I'll look up what the settings are called in your BIOS

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

Go to "DRAM Timing Control" and manually set the timings to the one on your kit. 16-18-18-36

They should be the first 4 timings in the BIOS timing settings page.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`