First time build

Yo britfriend

I would suggest the following:

It's not really worth having a 1tb hard drive and separate 120gb boot ssd. For the two of them combined you should be able to get a reasonable size SSD. Keep it SATA if you have to, but it will be miles better than having to use a mechanical drive regularly. 

Why have you added a network card? It's no better and may actually be worse than the integrated one you have. Do you actually need multiple Ethernet ports? If not, drop the TG-3468

You could probably save 20 quid or so on a cheaper motherboard if you need to stretch for other components.

If you can stretch to at least a Ryzen 5 1400 for an extra 40ish, you'll get a lot more mileage out of the build. 

However, I do have the following comments. 

8GB of ram will not get you very far. I'd suggest getting more but ram is stupidly overpriced at the moment. 

If you can actually get the 1050ti for a decent price (or at all), I'll be surprised

And like I said, you don't really want to bother going bottom of the stack with the CPU. You'd be better off buying a prebuilt from currys in that case. 

7 minutes ago, butler1233 said:

Yo britfriend

It's not really worth having a 1tb hard drive and separate 120gb boot ssd. For the two of them combined you should be able to get a reasonable size SSD. Keep it SATA if you have to, but it will be miles better than having to use a mechanical drive regularly. 

Why have you added a network card? It's no better and may actually be worse than the integrated one you have. Do you actually need multiple Ethernet ports? If not, drop the TG-3468

You could probably save 20 quid or so on a cheaper motherboard if you need to stretch for other components.

If you can stretch to at least a Ryzen 5 1400 for an extra 40ish, you'll get a lot more mileage out of the build. 

8GB of ram will not get you very far. I'd suggest getting more but ram is stupidly overpriced at the moment. 

If you can actually get the 1050ti for a decent price (or at all), I'll be surprised

And like I said, you don't really want to bother going bottom of the stack with the CPU. You'd be better off buying a prebuilt from currys in that case. 

literally everything you just said was wrong  

8 minutes ago, butler1233 said:

Yo britfriend

Respectfully, I disagree with this premise.

I have a 1tb HDD and a a 240GB SSD. The SSD is the boot drive and the drive for any drive-intensive games, and the HDD is for everything else.

I don't recommend a gaming rig with anything less than 1tb. Games can be pretty hefty and you'll run out of space pretty quickly.

8GB of RAM is also fine unless they're trying to multitask (streaming, video editing, etc) simultaneously or wish to have a bunch of background apps open while playing games.

Resident smart (car) fanatic and lover of trijet airliners. One day you'll probably see me on one of those "Hoarders" shows, only I'm buried under a pile of 50 smart cars.

Rigs (all named after aircraft )

- DC-10-60 (GTX 1060 Gaming Machine)
- Falcon 550TI (GTX 550 TI Fun ITX Build)

- Legacy 630 (Convertible Desktop/Laptop Experiment)

- A340-750 (Dual Xeon GTX 750 Sleeper)

2 minutes ago, Ms Mercedes - Trijet Girl said:

Respectfully, I disagree with this premise.

I have a 1tb HDD and a a 240GB SSD. The SSD is the boot drive and the drive for any drive-intensive games, and the HDD is for everything else.

I don't recommend a gaming rig with anything less than 1tb. Games can be pretty hefty and you'll run out of space pretty quickly.

8GB of RAM is also fine unless they're trying to multitask (streaming, video editing, etc) simultaneously or wish to have a bunch of background apps open while playing games.

As you've provided reasons for your disagreements, I'll respond.

I totally agree that with a large game library, having a mechanical drive for the less played or less drive using games makes sense. My concern was that the 120gb drive may run out of space before OP has everything he needs installed there, and will likely not have enough space for any large games. I had a very similar set up to yours (250gb boot ssd with a few games and the rest on a 1tb HDD) and it worked reasonably well. 

My ram suggested wasn't for the games (I don't know how much ram games really use these days, I've got enough that I don't need to worry and I don't game that much anyway) but for the video editing. Depending on what editing suite is in use, ram usage will go through the roof (and the page file will probably be used *heavily*, severely degrading the system performance). For example, I had a 720p 2minute Premiere Pro project open and a few 720p compositions open in After effects, and during rendering, AE was using 14GB of my systems 16, and even at idle, after conforming audio and previews, premiere and AE suck up a lot. 

Editing was my reasoning for the Cpu upgrade too. 

I would agree almost entirely with you if it was gaming only. 

1 minute ago, butler1233 said:

As you've provided reasons for your disagreements, I'll respond.

I totally agree that with a large game library, having a mechanical drive for the less played or less drive using games makes sense. My concern was that the 120gb drive may run out of space before OP has everything he needs installed there, and will likely not have enough space for any large games. I had a very similar set up to yours (250gb boot ssd with a few games and the rest on a 1tb HDD) and it worked reasonably well. 

My ram suggested wasn't for the games (I don't know how much ram games really use these days, I've got enough that I don't need to worry and I don't game that much anyway) but for the video editing. Depending on what editing suite is in use, ram usage will go through the roof (and the page file will probably be used *heavily*, severely degrading the system performance). For example, I had a 720p 2minute Premiere Pro project open and a few 720p compositions open in After effects, and during rendering, AE was using 14GB of my systems 16, and even at idle, after conforming audio and previews, premiere and AE suck up a lot. 

Editing was my reasoning for the Cpu upgrade too. 

I would agree almost entirely with you if it was gaming only. 

Fair enough! I somehow missed the video editing part! I'm using the dark mode and have to highlight the OP's post. lol But yeah, if they're using any sort of intensive video editor (I'm a cheapskate so I use whatever you can get for free) they will probably want more space to play!

Resident smart (car) fanatic and lover of trijet airliners. One day you'll probably see me on one of those "Hoarders" shows, only I'm buried under a pile of 50 smart cars.

Rigs (all named after aircraft )

- DC-10-60 (GTX 1060 Gaming Machine)
- Falcon 550TI (GTX 550 TI Fun ITX Build)

- Legacy 630 (Convertible Desktop/Laptop Experiment)

- A340-750 (Dual Xeon GTX 750 Sleeper)

Thanks for all the help, didn't realise the Ethernet on the mobo even tho I looked at the specs idk how I missed it, is there any mobo suggestions if I could save some money on it?

Welcome to the forum!

Most of the time with builds we use PCPartPicker here. It gives you the lowest prices, and helps with compatibility.

Only really useful if you're in one of the supported countries though. There's a menu at the top left where you can change it.

The build looks fine, though I'd try and get faster RAM, and skip the network card as the motherboard already has one.

I have a feeling there are better PSUs out there as well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

if there is anything that could be cheaper please let me know :)

you can try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£117.59 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£59.66 @ YoYoTech) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£84.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£66.54 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£33.95 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB StormX Video Card  (£169.97 @ More Computers) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£50.76 @ CCL Computers) 
Other: Gamemax centuri (£27.36)
Total: £610.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-06 01:33 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

you can try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£117.59 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£59.66 @ YoYoTech) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£84.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£66.54 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£33.95 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card  (£169.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£50.76 @ CCL Computers) 
Other: Gamemax centuri (£27.36)
Total: £610.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-06 01:31 GMT+0000

This, leaves option to upgrade RAM down the line aswell