High temperatures on idle and light load

Hell3r

Specs (AORUS x7 PRO v5):

Motherboard: Gigabyte x7v5 (Bios FB06 (up to date))

Cpu: Intel i7-6820hk 2.70GHZ (OC to 3.20GHZ)

Gpu: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (8gb total attached with RAM up to 12Gb total) (Temps from 40C up to 52C (on idle and mid load))

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHZ SDRAM Micron tech. 16ATF1G64HZ-2G1A2

Drives:

HHD: 1TB 7200RPM 2.5"  HGST HTS721010A9E630

SSD: 256GB SAMSUNG MZVPV256HDGL-00000 (Usual temp around 55C)

Network Card: Qualcomm/Atheros e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Battery: Gigabyte x7v5 94240mWh

Running programs: wallpaper engine, steam, twich, firefox, discord, killer control center, lightshot

Problem description: I'm started having high temperatures(65-75C on idea and light load) (further temps) on my laptop(cheçking via Aorus Command and Control center, Aida64 and HEiNFO) and i noticed that temps became noticeable higher than before, so i thought that might be collection of dust so I cleared them, sadly no didn't helped much only couple degrees, so i changed thermal paste (to REVOLTEC cooling silver compound (thermal conductivity: >4.5W/m-k | Thermal Impedance <0.081C-in^2/W)). well temps got lower by 10 degrees (after change on idle and light load(15-35% load) 45- 62C)but still i don't feel comfortable with temps like this.

In conclusion, what i should do or it's normal?

stabilitytest.png

Hmm, your laptop fans are spinning?

I don't know normal Laptop Temps but that you be just a bad heatsink desing, I'll do some more research. 

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

1 minute ago, thelordofwarr said:

Hmm, your laptop fans are spinning?

I don't know normal Laptop Temps but that you be just a bad heatsink desing, I'll do some more research. What Laptop do you have?

Aorus x7 PRO v5 and yes they spinnig i can hear them on heavy load pretty loudly ... :D

and yes LTS did review on it

(I want to point out that what's added here, from looking at the rest of the graph, doesn't looks like it fits the scale of the rest  Screenshot_2.png.da6e0cc3cca63499eddf4b6f46f7fb6c.png)

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

(I want to point out that what's added here, from looking at the rest of the graph, doesn't looks like it fits the scale of the rest  Screenshot_2.png.da6e0cc3cca63499eddf4b6f46f7fb6c.png)

4 minutes ago, Hell3r said:

Aorus x7 PRO v5 and yes they spinnig i can hear them on heavy load pretty loudly ... :D

and yes LTS did review on it

Hmm...that seems weird...tbh I don't have any idea...

(EDIT: WHY DO I CLICK EDIT AND then it just quotes it and I write a new post.....)

(edit: wow it worked...sry for that.....)

Maybe it doesn't get air from the sides, what i doubt to be the case

My Build Log: 

Well, its laptop. And light load temps are only partially indication of actual issue. Run some more demanding stuff and see if there's higher temps. Might just be that it has some hidden turbo boost for heavier load.

As for temps, 60C isn't bad. It isn't optimal, but we are talking about laptop. And I've yet to see laptop with actually good thermal performance. If your temps are under 90C under heavy load, you are all good.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv