Curved display around 600$ - choices?

Just4lol

Hello, I would like to upgrade from a 60hx1080p display to a curved display, but i'm a bit lost with all the models out there. It would be mainly for coding, gaming and game dev. 

Here's a list of what I care about

• 100hz or more - 30 to 60 was nice but now I want more x)
  • Size around 34 inches - I think 34 would be a nice size ;) but I dont mind going lower to get a better price
  • Resolution... I dont realy know, at least more than 1080p. 4k is nice but not pratical, I read somewhere that the resolution or the pixel density was important in a curv screen.
  • G sync and stuff - I have a 970 and with the price of gpu this year I wont upgrade soon. \

Ive watched Linus video about the massdrop vast 35-inch curved gaming monitor at 600$. Look good but I dont realy want to wait for the drop and look like it would be 100$ of freaking shipping... I also watched the cheep Korean monitor but im a bit worired about buying a not "branded" item in case of defect.

Sorry for my english and thx for the tips in advance :D 

5 minutes ago, Just4lol said:

Size around 34 inches - I think 34 would be a nice size ;) but I dont mind going lower to get a better price

It's going to look really blurry.  After 24", 1080p starts to look bad.  That is unless you mean ultra-wide 1080p.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

47 minutes ago, Just4lol said:

Hello, I would like to upgrade from a 60hx1080p display to a curved display, but i'm a bit lost with all the models out there. It would be mainly for coding, gaming and game dev. 

Here's a list of what I care about

• 100hz or more - 30 to 60 was nice but now I want more x)
  • Size around 34 inches - I think 34 would be a nice size ;) but I dont mind going lower to get a better price
  • Resolution... I dont realy know, at least more than 1080p. 4k is nice but not pratical, I read somewhere that the resolution or the pixel density was important in a curv screen.
  • G sync and stuff - I have a 970 and with the price of gpu this year I wont upgrade soon. \

Ive watched Linus video about the massdrop vast 35-inch curved gaming monitor at 600$. Look good but I dont realy want to wait for the drop and look like it would be 100$ of freaking shipping... I also watched the cheep Korean monitor but im a bit worired about buying a not "branded" item in case of defect.

Sorry for my english and thx for the tips in advance :D 

Hmm mate the problem is more than 1080p with high refreshrate and gsync doenst fit well with a GTX 970. What games are you playing?

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

At that price range you could get a cheaper 34" Ultrawide 1440p 60hz or a 32" 1440p 144hz but that would be pointless with a 970. A smaller version of the ultrawide is 1080p but for me they feel too 'short'

12 hours ago, joshuawi99 said:

Hmm mate the problem is more than 1080p with high refreshrate and gsync doenst fit well with a GTX 970. What games are you playing?

My steam profile if you want to see what games im playing http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096335550/ I play a lot of Fortnite now :D

12 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's going to look really blurry.  After 24", 1080p starts to look bad.  That is unless you mean ultra-wide 1080p.

Sorry if I was not clear, I want more than 1080p :) and at least 100hz.

10 hours ago, FiveNine said:

At that price range you could get a cheaper 34" Ultrawide 1440p 60hz or a 32" 1440p 144hz but that would be pointless with a 970. A smaller version of the ultrawide is 1080p but for me they feel too 'short'

Pointless with a 970? It would be too hard to run games on that gpu at that resolution :(? Well I can still down scale the resoluton while I game or use my original monitor while im waiting to upgrade my gpu...

39 minutes ago, Just4lol said:

My steam profile if you want to see what games im playing http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096335550/ I play a lot of Fortnite now :D

Sorry if I was not clear, I want more than 1080p :) and at least 100hz.

Pointless with a 970? It would be too hard to run games on that gpu at that resolution :(? Well I can still down scale the resoluton while I game or use my original monitor while im waiting to upgrade my gpu...

Not hard to run games but the purpose of a 144hz monitor is to run games at 144fps. So if you play games which 970 can comfortably run at high framerate then go for it, if not then it would indeed be pointless. Note that 60fps on 144hz monitor looks a tinnyyy bit better than 60fps on 60hz but still not what the monitors with high refresh rate should be used for.

1 minute ago, FiveNine said:

Not hard to run games but the purpose of a 144hz monitor is to run games at 144fps. So if you play games which 970 can comfortably run at high framerate then go for it, if not then it would indeed be pointless. Note that 60fps on 144hz monitor looks a tinnyyy bit better than 60fps on 60hz but still not what the monitors with high refresh rate should be used for.

So, is this a good choice or...

I've never heard of those because they aren't in my market so i can't comment. They should be ok though, try to find some reviews/comments etc