What Monitor should i buy Under 150$

ARC_
Go to solution Solved by thisforumsucksassdeletemya,

I forgot to add, Samsung and LG are by far the biggest actual display panel manufacturers as far as I know. When you buy a monitor from a company other than them, it's often that the panel is made by Samsung or LG, and the case and sometimes the electronics are made by the company that put their name on the monitor. It's not really an issue but for me I feel like I'm probably going to get better value buying it from the manufacturer that made the panel. Just a random comment, shouldn't really affect your decision I suppose.

Between the LG and HP monitors you mentioned, they appear to be nearly identical and I'd expect them both to be great. I can't tell if the HP has the matte coating that reduces reflections, if it doesn't, the picture will be a little better but you'll have to deal with bright reflections in well-lit rooms. Other than that, I'd say get whichever is cheapest or whichever one you think looks the best.

i love video editing and I also game am intended to buy a monitor under a 150$ what i should pick

There are so many choices so I'll try to go beyond just recommending a monitor. What I do when I know there'll be hundreds of choices is go to a website with a good sorting and filtering setup like newegg, go to the appropriate section (in your case LED based LCD monitors), and apply my basic necessary filters. In your case, under $150, probably IPS because of the video editing, 1920x1080, and anything else you see that you consider necessary. If you still have a billion choices, apply a few more filters for things you'd like to have.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

5 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

There are so many choices so I'll try to go beyond just recommending a monitor. What I do when I know there'll be hundreds of choices is go to a website with a good sorting and filtering setup like newegg, go to the appropriate section (in your case LED based LCD monitors), and apply my basic necessary filters. In your case, under $150, probably IPS because of the video editing, 1920x1080, and anything else you see that you consider necessary. If you still have a billion choices, apply a few more filters for things you'd like to have.

okay but am confused between 2 models 

LG 22mp68vq

Hp 22es

I'd be looking for a decent 24" IPS 1920x1080 monitor. Make sure it has all the inputs you'll need for your system. Plenty of choice at that price. 

Avoid TN panels that advertise being made for gaming. They often have poor color reproduction, which will be very apparent when you look at photos and videos. Input lag will not matter at that price so you will be better of with a well-reviewed IPS monitor. I've had good experiences with nearly all the brands (most use the same panel manufacturer anyways). Build quality may vary however.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

1 minute ago, Daveeede said:

I'd be looking for a decent 24" IPS 1920x1080 monitor. Make sure it has all the inputs you'll need for your system. Plenty of choice at that price. 

Avoid TN panels that advertise being made for gaming. They often have poor color reproduction, which will be very apparent when you look at photos and videos. Input lag will not matter at that price so you will be better of with a well-reviewed IPS monitor. I've had good experiences with nearly all the brands (most use the same panel manufacturer anyways). Build quality may vary however.

Thank dear but am confused between 2 models 

LG 22mp68vq

Hp 22es

1 minute ago, xDD said:

okay but am confused between 2 models 

LG 22mp68vq

Hp 22es

I've used a variant of both models. They are similar. LG has more inputs (HDMI, VGA and DVI). The HP may have a glossy screen.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Just now, Daveeede said:

I've used a variant of both models. They are similar. LG has more inputs (HDMI, VGA and DVI). The HP may have a glossy screen.

which will be better for my GTX1060

I forgot to add, Samsung and LG are by far the biggest actual display panel manufacturers as far as I know. When you buy a monitor from a company other than them, it's often that the panel is made by Samsung or LG, and the case and sometimes the electronics are made by the company that put their name on the monitor. It's not really an issue but for me I feel like I'm probably going to get better value buying it from the manufacturer that made the panel. Just a random comment, shouldn't really affect your decision I suppose.

Between the LG and HP monitors you mentioned, they appear to be nearly identical and I'd expect them both to be great. I can't tell if the HP has the matte coating that reduces reflections, if it doesn't, the picture will be a little better but you'll have to deal with bright reflections in well-lit rooms. Other than that, I'd say get whichever is cheapest or whichever one you think looks the best.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

Just now, xDD said:

They'll both be fine. My vote is for the LG because I like LG more myself, but there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with the HP.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

1 minute ago, xDD said:

it wont make a big difference. buy whichever looks nicer to you.

2 minutes ago, Daveeede said:

it wont make a big difference. buy whichever looks nicer to you.

thank U ill go for LG

17 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

thank u ill go for LG