1080p TV looks awful on games than 1080p Monitor ? ultra settings to??

WolfLoverPro

so i tried connecting my pc to a around 35 maybe inch tv and it looks rubbish on 1080 ultra gtav redux mod/....... YET a 1080p monitor its way smaller but its still 1080p so how come it dont look good dont make sence ?? beacuse how do people have big monitors then?>

TV's have lots of post proccesing on the image. Try turning off all effects on the TV, or turn TV into "game mode" 

Monitors usually dont have any proccessing turned on, that is why the image looks fine.

Because at 1080p 35 inch the pixels per inch is only 62.49, where as at 24" for example the pixels per inch is massively higher at 91.79

Sat at the same distance from both(if relatively close) the smaller screen will have the better looking image. 

Generally people increase the resolution when they increase monitor size, I'd personally say anything over 27" is too large for 1080p, and should move to 1440p at that point. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Because at 1080p 35 inch the pixels per inch is only 62.49, where as at 24" for example the pixels per inch is massively higher at 91.79

Sat at the same distance from both(if relatively close) the smaller screen will have the better looking image. 

so .... what about people with like big monitors ?? or playing on a ps4 example ? so its better to buy a small monitor beacuse its gonna look better ? apart from movies but i mean gaming

3 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

so .... what about people with like big monitors ?? or playing on a ps4 example ? so its better to buy a small monitor beacuse its gonna look better ? apart from movies but i mean gaming

Generally people increase the resolution when they increase monitor size, I'd personally say anything over 27" is too large for 1080p(when used a a monitor) , and should move to 1440p at that point. 

As for console people, they're not gonna be sat as close to the screen as a PC user, so when they have 40 and 50" screens playing 1080p console games, they don't look too bad due to being further away. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Generally people increase the resolution when they increase monitor size, I'd personally say anything over 27" is too large for 1080p, and should move to 1440p at that point. 

As for console people, they're not gonna be sat as close to the screen as a PC user, so when they have 40 and 50" screens playing 1080p console games, they don't look too bad due to being further away. 

lol um .... i sit close to a 40inch LOL only cuz my eye sight and im used to it lol so basically if i buy a new montior my pc cant run 4k so .... i guess look for a monitor thats like idk lesss than 27 inches then?

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

lol um .... i sit close to a 40inch LOL only cuz my eye sight and im used to it lol so basically if i buy a new montior my pc cant run 4k so .... i guess look for a monitor thats like idk lesss than 27 inches then?

Only you can decide that :P best bet would be going to a store near you and just checking out the displays they have, seeing which look best for you with how close you'd be sat. 

Just now, RKRiley said:

Only you can decide that :P best bet would be going to a store near you and just checking out the displays they have, seeing which look best for you with how close you'd be sat. 

my monitor diag says its 55inch ? the screen part only or is that not what u mean ? LOL

On the TV, show the windows desktop and see how things look. If you see rings around high contrast things, the TV is applying sharpening or other processing, find and turn that off.

Load this page: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php

Does the grey zone look consistent, or do you see moire like effects? If it isn't consistent, the TV is probably doing some kind of scaling. That is, resizing the image to be bigger than the screen so you lose 1:1 pixel mapping. Again, look to turn that off in the TV settings.

The other pages on the site above may be handy to tune settings also.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

my monitor diag says its 55inch ? the screen part only or is that not what u mean ? LOL

The measurements given for displays are just for the screen, doesn't include the bezel.