Cpu spike up to 100 then dies.

Hi

So when i started my computer this morning i noticed my fans was spinning up crazy fast and i look at my temps. My CPU spikes up to hundred after a minut and shuts down. i managed to look at task manager and there was nothing. I comfim the temps in bios and i open up the case at its still hot after shutdown. 
My next thing would be to check the AIO cooler, its the Kraken x62 and the fans was going and what not. Could the pump be bad only after 7-8 months of use, since this hasn't happen before? 
Im took off the aio and shook it a small dose and remounted it. 

And now it seems to be running good, tho i did set the clocks back to stock and gonna up the back up again and no problem. 

I wondering if there was a mounting error, but that would be rater strange since its been on there for months.

Also, i have the R5 1600

If its spiking up to 100 on boot up with an AIO then the problem is NOT that you were hacked as you have been miss informed by @Aldog360 but that your pump is likely dead. if you can get into your BIOS, does it read any speed from the pump? Or CAM if you can get into windows?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah, i check in the bios when it was overheating and it was around 2200 and the fans was spinning. Which i though was strange. Now it still says the same in cam, and i can change it like you should be able to do.

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

If its spiking up to 100 on boot up with an AIO then the problem is NOT that you were hacked as you have been miss informed by @Aldog360 but that your pump is likely dead. if you can get into your BIOS, does it read any speed from the pump? Or CAM if you can get into windows?

I suck at forum posts. check above awnser

Just now, JointedFish said:

I suck at forum posts. check above awnser

ok, so if the pump is registering RPMs and everything and its running good now after unmounting and shaking it around, its possible you may have had an air bubble trapped in your pump and shaking it up may have taken it out. If its running good now with proper temps, I wouldnt worry about it to much. If it does it again, I would definitely open a support case with NZXT about it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Maybe it isn't tightened down enought, I had the problem with my h100iv2 that it wasn't tight enought so the thermal paste didn't make contact

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

On 3/3/2018 at 11:40 AM, JointedFish said:

Hi

So when i started my computer this morning i noticed my fans was spinning up crazy fast and i look at my temps. My CPU spikes up to hundred after a minut and shuts down. i managed to look at task manager and there was nothing. I comfim the temps in bios and i open up the case at its still hot after shutdown. 
My next thing would be to check the AIO cooler, its the Kraken x62 and the fans was going and what not. Could the pump be bad only after 7-8 months of use, since this hasn't happen before? 
Im took off the aio and shook it a small dose and remounted it. 

And now it seems to be running good, tho i did set the clocks back to stock and gonna up the back up again and no problem. 

I wondering if there was a mounting error, but that would be rater strange since its been on there for months.

Also, i have the R5 1600

On 3/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, legacy99 said:

ok, so if the pump is registering RPMs and everything and its running good now after unmounting and shaking it around, its possible you may have had an air bubble trapped in your pump and shaking it up may have taken it out. If its running good now with proper temps, I wouldnt worry about it to much. If it does it again, I would definitely open a support case with NZXT about it. 

So anyone looking for this will most likely find it. 

The problem happend again this morning too when i started the computer, and ive sent for a service order, and ill will be opening up a case to NZXT. (im not bad a mounting coolers)

TLDR . There is most likely an air bubble of sorts in the AIO Kraken X62 after 8 months of use that prevents the liquid from looping around that makes the cooling solution ineffective.