LTT Floatplane access on forum

Hi, LTT and Floatplane.

I subscribed to Linus Tech Tips at floatplane.com, but all the videos on floatplane.com are already released on YouTube.

So can I also get access on the LTT FloatPlane forum again. Like I had the last time I subscripted to FloatPlane?

I used my LTT forum account on floatplane.com

You don't have access to Floatplane as you haven't paid. If so you'll see LMG Pilot under your name. Look at my name and you'll see it. The main site isn't up fully yet (as far as I know). Here is the link to get FP: 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I'm just about to start trying to access floatplane, the website (I'm assuming www.floatplane.com) doesn't have many instructions - is there a beginner's guide to setting up access? I watched the video in the link, but it appears to be a little out-dated. In the shopping cart it says to follow the instructions in 'the following thread' but no link to the thread :)Bt54kfE

25 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You don't have access to Floatplane as you haven't paid. If so you'll see LMG Pilot under your name. Look at my name and you'll see it. The main site isn't up fully yet (as far as I know). Here is the link to get FP: 

Thanks for answer.

But I have payed on floatplane.com and can see the transaction in my bank account. Like I said. floatplane.com don't have any videos there aren't op on YouTube. So i basicly payed $3 to watch, something I already have watched on YouTube.

Thats why I ask, if I also can get access on the forum. Now when I have payed on floatplane.com

10 minutes ago, garevans said:

I'm just about to start trying to access floatplane, the website (I'm assuming www.floatplane.com) doesn't have many instructions - is there a beginner's guide to setting up access? I watched the video in the link, but it appears to be a little out-dated. In the shopping cart it says to follow the instructions in 'the following thread' but no link to the thread :)

The link is the name of that thread. I guess you don't really know how this forum works. Sign up here on the forum, not on the FP website. You use this forum to access FP. 

3 minutes ago, Gamle said:

Thanks for answer.

But I have payed on floatplain.com and can see the transaction in my bank account. Like I said. floatplain.com don't have any videos there aren't op on YouTube. So i basicly payed $3 to watch, something I already have watched on YouTube.

Thats why I ask, if I also can get access on the forum. Now when I have payed on floatplain.com

I don't know what this "Floatplain" site is, but it doesn't look like you've paid for FP here on the forum, which is how you access it. If you need assistance, contact @colonel_mortis because I'm not able to help with these things more than giving advice. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

The link is the name of that thread. I guess you don't really know how this forum works. Sign up here on the forum, not on the FP website. You use this forum to access FP. 

I don't know what this "Floatplain" site is, but it doesn't look like you've paid for FP here on the forum, which is how you access it. If you need assistance, contact @colonel_mortis

Made a spelling mistake. Floatplain = floatplane.com have edited it now ;)

1 minute ago, Gamle said:

Made a spelling mistake. Floatplain = floatplane.com have edited it now ;)

Floatplane.com hasn't launched yet AFAIK. The forum is the way to access Floatplane right now for both BitWit Ultra and LTT.

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Floatplane.com hasn't launched yet AFAIK. The forum is the way to access Floatplane right now for both BitWit Ultra and LTT.

So my payment on floatplane.com is lost money/subscribtion now?

4 minutes ago, Gamle said:

I have no idea. Ask @colonel_mortis for help.

1 hour ago, Gamle said:

Don't worry. We will get it sorted out.

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Don't worry. We will get it sorted out.

I know, that the page is in alpha. But it will propberly be a good ide, to add a unsubscribe button on floatplane.com. My concern is not about the $3. More that it will charge me every month, because I can't find a unsubscribe button and I will rather pay $3 on the forum until all the early access content also is on floatplane.com.

Thanks for the replies everybody - I've now get access to the floatplane forum. The website access still isn't working, unfortunately I emailed the support address asking before I read that it wasn't working yet. Hopefully somebody doesn't get too angry reading the same thing I'm sure for the 100th time.

When they talk about pre-roll ads being removed, are they referring to the "brought to you by tunnel bear" stuff? I honestly think it's kind of funny when they segway in with "speaking of potatoes, today's video is brought to you by ..." The products are usually pretty catered to the audience.

I'm working on fixing it so all the early access stuff is on the site. 

Part of the problem is that people haven't been bothering to tick "public" (not necessary for forum access) so it hasn't been showing up, and part of the problem was that videos weren't sorting in a logical manner, so it was hard to find the most recent stuff.

6 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I'm working on fixing it so all the early access stuff is on the site. 

Part of the problem is that people haven't been bothering to tick "public" (not necessary for forum access) so it hasn't been showing up, and part of the problem was that videos weren't sorting in a logical manner, so it was hard to find the most recent stuff.

Change Lukes computer to play the NyanCat-24hours as the startup.wav till he fixes it. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 1.3.2018 at 7:55 PM, Jamiec1130 said:

It is in alpha version.

On 1.3.2018 at 8:01 PM, Jamiec1130 said:

I have no idea. Ask @colonel_mortis for help.

Why do you keep answering with partial or wrong? Why bother? You could have at least linked to official support thread and email.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It is in alpha version.

Why do you keep answering with partial or wrong? Why bother? You could have at least linked to official support thread and email.

1) The site hasn't worked for me, so I wouldn't say it's finished. That's why I mentioned the forum page for FP, as that's the most reliable (IMO) way to access it. 

2) I told the OP how to access the support thread. They'd seen the link, so I told them how to click on it (and that's a bit of information as to how the forum works at the same time too!).