How do I adjust audio/video output latency on PC?

Since no one wants to use CRTs and wants cheap garbage that nerds can lift we have this thing called latency on all monitors and the bigger and more expensive the more latency we get.

Also bluetooth adds severe latency with most products, but latency on all. Makes PC near useless for media production, makes videos look real stupid; i suppose im not noticing it happening but it is in games to. I even heard crApple has less latency; not that i think any mac user knows what they are saying and i did not research that myself.  The answer isnt re replace my 70 inch monitor with  some little kiddy 27 inch  like i got right beside the 70". So leave that answer out. I didnt ask for off topic

Can we adjust any of this?

Imma start calling it  #PCMasterbate cause i can even do this on some console games

buy nvidia's "gaming tv" whenever that comes out that's literally all you can do short of buying a smaller monitor (which you wont do) or building one on your own 

imded

Latency of the system is a combination of factors, stemming from all the hardware propagation delays to software delays. Almost none of it is something you can control short of finding the right combination of hardware and software that has minimal input lag. Also LCDs have gotten impressively low input lag, down to sub 5ms.

If you want minimal input lag as possible, you're just going to have to buy an 80's 8-bit computer with a monitor. None of this extra operating system and  hardware features crap to get in the way of that keyboard press to the CPU to the display.

5 hours ago, TeabagXpress said:

The answer isnt re replace my 70 inch monitor

Yes it is. That's where the vast majority of your latency is coming from. And there's nothing you can do to change that short of gutting the thing and replacing the majority of it's electronics. The panel itself is fast, but all the signal and image processing it does is what's introducing most of the latency. 

What is the model of your "70 inch monitor"? My assumption is that it's not a monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 2:02 PM, NinJake said:

What is the model of your "70 inch monitor"? My assumption is that it's not a monitor.

there is no tv tuner built in. Definition of a monitor.

Just now, CommunityStandards20180313 said:

there is no tv tuner built in. Definition of a monitor.

So what's the model?

On 3/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, geo3 said:

Yes it is. That's where the vast majority of your latency is coming from. And there's nothing you can do to change that short of gutting the thing and replacing the majority of it's electronics. The panel itself is fast, but all the signal and image processing it does is what's introducing most of the latency. 

one of if not the lowest latency large displays is my 55"  beside the 70". Yes for the 70 inch yes,  but hook up bluetooth and its crazy lag on my smart devices even.

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

So what's the model?

vizio (p)something 55inch, and the model 1-2 years after 70" i forget,  its not that important. ive got it calibrated properly.  The important thing is we make PC superior to other platforms. Its capeable of stalling video output to match with audio. This isnt unheard of, its a setting in all music games. That tells me it almost must be in hollywood production software as well, but hollywood studios use macs, that isnt the answer to making PC the most superior product on earth. 

Well you can look at the model on the back of the TV wherever it's located and post it here and then I'll believe you that it's a monitor.

I just did a quick search for 55inch vizio monitor with no results.

I'm not saying that all TV's have bad responsiveness, but what you're saying reminds me of playing guitar hero on a tv back in the day, where you had to calibrate it.

If you plug your PC into an actual monitor with 60hz refresh rate or higher I'm sure you'll have no noticeable delay.

18 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Well you can look at the model on the back of the TV wherever it's located and post it here and then I'll believe you that it's a monitor.

I just did a quick search for 55inch vizio monitor with no results.

I'm not saying that all TV's have bad responsiveness, but what you're saying reminds me of playing guitar hero on a tv back in the day, where you had to calibrate it.

If you plug your PC into an actual monitor with 60hz refresh rate or higher I'm sure you'll have no noticeable delay.

no i simply have everything i own written in oneNote because i always work on everything i own and add on and mod it so its important.  Moving a wall mounted 55 inch or any 70 inch is a lot harder than you make it out to be and im a bodybuilder.  i wouldnt own anything at 30fps. 120hz and 60hz doesnt effect your latency in the matter you imply and nothing but a CRT has zero latency. Larger tvs do have horrible latency thats why no large gaming monitors exist till later this year or next. Ive bought all my products with a  lot of research from the pros at AVS fourms so there is no answer for ANY monitors latency but adjusting a pc. I create music and i create videos.  Its noticeable when im drumming at 220bpm or im thrashing out on guitar to some good black metal, its noticeable on any speed actually.  Its gonna be extremely noticeable when i edit music for production on my PC, but in the past i do most my editing on my phones cause they are powerful and fast and youtube uploads like 2-10x faster if you use android devices to direct upload to YT.  4k vids can take a whole day to upload if you export to PC before uploading and YT will crash your connection halfway thru, but i still can do better editing on the pc and i have decades of media production i need to go thru.

What graphics card are you using, and what cable are you using to connect the card to the tv?