want to get a desktop computer or build one

i have about 1000$ to spend i really want to do 4k it'll be mostly for gaming and movies but i do have a want to play with unreal and make music and movies i am planning on getting a gtx 1060 tomorrow thats about 400 so if i do that ill be don't to 600 for the rest of the parts plz help 

15 minutes ago, Joeballs187 said:

i have about 1000$ to spend i really want to do 4k it'll be mostly for gaming and movies but i do have a want to play with unreal and make music and movies i am planning on getting a gtx 1060 tomorrow thats about 400 so if i do that ill be don't to 600 for the rest of the parts plz help 

You won’t be able to get 4K with a 1060. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

i like this build the idea of a small body is cool i think but idk what to change 

Just now, HK - 47 said:

You won’t be able to get 4K with a 1060. 

o shit really that sucks fuck so any ideas as to what i could do with 1000$ to make a good pc 

Here is a solid bet, assuming you mean USD and not CAD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NHCkLJ

Here is a quick way out ( though inferior spec wise) if you don't want to bother building it yourself: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221086&cm_re=asus_gtx_1060_desktop-_-83-221-086-_-Product

As for the gtx 1060, I would probably skip on that, and buy something like a 780/ 970 off of ebay for half that price. similar performance without wasting all that money.

1 minute ago, J400 said:

Here is a solid bet, assuming you mean USD and not CAD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NHCkLJ

Here is a quick way out ( though inferior spec wise) if you don't want to bother building it yourself: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221086&cm_re=asus_gtx_1060_desktop-_-83-221-086-_-Product

As for the gtx 1060, I would probably skip on that, and buy something like a 780/ 970 off of ebay for half that price. similar performance without wasting all that money.

thanks this is the rig i was thinking but the other guy says you cant get 4k out of the gtx 1060 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MLZD3b

2 minutes ago, Joeballs187 said:

o shit really that sucks fuck so any ideas as to what i could do with 1000$ to make a good pc 

a 1060 technically 'can' do 4k, but it won't be hitting 60 fps on high or even medium settings on hardly any newer games. If you want a 4k gaming card, you are better off saving your money until gpu prices drop, and try to snag a 1080/ 1080 ti for msrp or lower. Until then just buy used/ cheap.

5 minutes ago, Joeballs187 said:

you're gonna have to save up for 4k, at least a gtx 1080.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, J400 said:

a 1060 technically 'can' do 4k, but it won't be hitting 60 fps on high or even medium settings on hardly any newer games. If you want a 4k gaming card, you are better off saving your money until gpu prices drop, and try to snag a 1080/ 1080 ti for msrp or lower. Until then just buy used/ cheap.

thanks im just having a hard time because im scared that ill get bad parts and i dont really know what im doing 

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

im today's market, it might be better to buy something pre-built. It's that bad right now. 

I think cyberpowr or ibuypower has some PCs with a GTX 1060 in it. Wack an SSD in those machines and you will be good to go.  

so ill be good buying from those sites 

1 minute ago, Joeballs187 said:

thanks im just having a hard time because im scared that ill get bad parts and i dont really know what im doing 

I took the chance and came out with a 780 ti for around $100. but that was 2 months ago, now they are more like $200, but still about the same performance as a gtx 1060, just half the price.

Also, if you want to go the intel route (8600k build) it won't perform any differently than the one I showed you, unless you want to slap in a 1080ti and go for high refresh rates (144hz+). Just something to keep in mind.

6 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

there are many, MANY other boutique system builders out there. Those are just the big ones. You could also choose a brand like dell/HP/Lenovo if you find a good deal. There are other brands out there like digital storm or NZXT that also do pre-builts as well. Microcenter even does pre-builts. The point is in most cases I would easily recommend building your own PC. But since GPU and RAM prices are through the roof currently, take a look at pre-built PCs. The GPUs in those computers are often priced close to their original MSRP as opposed to being $500 or more bought by itself. 

8 minutes ago, J400 said:

I took the chance and came out with a 780 ti for around $100. but that was 2 months ago, now they are more like $200, but still about the same performance as a gtx 1060, just half the price.

Also, if you want to go the intel route (8600k build) it won't perform any differently than the one I showed you, unless you want to slap in a 1080ti and go for high refresh rates (144hz+). Just something to keep in mind.

ok so any suggestions then as to what to buy with 1000$