My PC is Way underperforming

As the title suggests my PC is performing god awful and these are the specs and everything is running at the stock speeds (the gpu is running the out of the box specs):

RX 480 4Gb Red Dragon

Gigabyte GA 78LMT USB3

EVGA 430W PSU

Fx-8320E CPU

1x8gb 1600 RAM

1tb Toshiba 7.2k HDD

I had built this PC a year ago now however when I first built it I used a Gtx 550ti for a couple months and then upgraded to a RX 480. At first when I realised how poorly my pc was running compared to other systems with the 480 4gb  ( with worse cpus) I looked around to see how to fix the problem. And people said removing the Nvidia Drivers with DDU which I did and I have noticed no difference.  I've been running many kinds of games on my PC from LoL to Wolfenstein 2. I also get very inconsistent performance between games for instance I can max out DOOM at 1440p with 60fps but I get 30-20fps with Wolfenstein 2 on medium settings at 1080p. and 20fps on AC Origins at medium settings (but you know the anvil engine settings dont really matter) and I even get 30 -40 fps half the time in Overwatch at High. Does anyone know how to help or why my PC runs like it's using a crappy APU half the time?

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Check your CPU usage while you run those games. Chances are, the CPU is too underpowered for high performance graphics.

Yeah, his CPU does seem to be extremely underpowered based on the benchmarks I am looking at.

7 minutes ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

Although it is an octa-core

That doesn't do much, any  4th Gen Core i5 from the 4460 up to the 4690K would destroy the 8 core FX chips. That line was mostly designed around having more cores than Intel, but they didn't do a good job of implementing that idea.

@Xenodood: Check your CPU temperatures as well as usage. It could be that your CPU is thermal throttling and/or bottlenecking your GPU.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

24 minutes ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

Although it is an octa-core

Games only care about cores if you have less than four, they care more about core speed, since it is  very difficult to make a well multithreaded game.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

8 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Games only care about cores if you have less than four, they care more about core speed, since it is  very difficult to make a well multithreaded game.

I dunno, my 6950x gets better fps at lower clocks than a 4690k

Though an fx chip is still trash 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Silicon lottery?

1 minute ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

Silicon lottery?

They're both pretty good chips, the 4690k will hit 100% consistently and the 6950x will use anywhere from 20% (4t) to as high as 50% on a few rare occasions

7 minutes ago, Damascus said:

That's because the 6950x performs more instructions per clock, only 4-6 of the cores are ever used in games though, unless you  are streaming or something. Anyhow a 6700k would perform better in games due faster core speeds, things like Ghz is just how many times per second it searches for and starts a new task, manufacturers rarely tell you how many instructions per clock a processor performs, which make the Ghz rating a bit useless.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

That's because the 6950x performs more instructions per clock, only 4-6 of the cores are ever used in games though, unless you  are streaming or something. Anyhow a 6700k would perform better in games due faster core speeds, things like Ghz is just how many times per second it searches for and starts a new task, manufacturers rarely tell you how many instructions per clock a processor performs, which make the Ghz rating a bit useless.

1. IPC is basically unchanged between Haswell and broadwell-e, theres a reason it's nearly impossible to buy mainstream broadwell chips.
  2. My 6700k at 4.7ghz performed about 2% better than the 6950x at 3.8
  3. Ghz aren't useless because we don't know the ipc, especially when tests have shown very minor differences per generation on Intel's side.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:
  1. IPC is basically unchanged between Haswell and broadwell-e, theres a reason it's nearly impossible to buy mainstream broadwell chips.
  2. My 6700k at 4.7ghz performed about 2% better than the 6950x at 3.8
  3. Ghz aren't useless because we don't know the ipc, especially when tests have shown very minor differences per generation on Intel's side.

Yeah Intel has been a bit stagnant in recent years... But Ghz isn't everything otherwise we would still be using those processors from the Ghz wars.

40 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yeah Intel has been a bit stagnant in recent years... But Ghz isn't everything otherwise we would still be using those processors from the Ghz wars.

To a degree, though IPC isn't the most important thing in the world (same as Ghz)

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

To a degree, though IPC isn't the most important thing in the world (same as Ghz)

Indeed, it's just a valuable metric to have. It's just like a heater manufacturer stating "this heater can handle Xvolts" but without knowing the amperage that rating is rather worthless.

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Indeed, it's just a valuable metric to have. It's just like a heater manufacturer stating "this heater can handle Xvolts" but without knowing the amperage that rating is rather worthless.

Yep, my favourite example is the fx vs Zen comparison.  IP has been shown to increase 42% between the two, so to get a similar result to a 4ghz 1400 an 8 core Zen chip would need to run at approximately 6ghz

I have been wanting to upgrade to Zen so I'll have to wait till tax returns I guess. would getting an aftermarket CPU cooler help much?

Try swapping the core for a Scorpio x that comes with the Xbox one x

Try swapping the core for a Scorpio x that comes with the Xbox one x