Computer Using CPU and GPU 5-10% of its potentional but I still get bad FPS

Hi,

After countless hours of researching and reading articles on how to fix this issue.. I still have it.

A game called DayZ Standalone i use to beable to run fine a few weeks ago until i upgraded my gear from this:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.40GHz
RAM
    8.00GB
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
    1028 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Storage
    119GB TOSHIBA THNSNH128GCST (SSD)
    232GB Seagate ST3250820AS (SATA)

Into this:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.40GHz
RAM
    16.00GB (I made sure it was the same speed and type as the first one [DDR3 and the speed was 1600(whatever they measure that in)])
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA)    31 °C
Storage
    119GB TOSHIBA THNSNH128GCST (SSD)
    232GB Seagate ST3250820AS (SATA)

931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA)

Ever since then my system would overheat very easily and just restart, also.. My performance dropped A LOT. Before this 'upgrade' I had gotten 70-80 fps on DayZ Standalone, i would run CSGO at 130-150, and the fps would stay consistent it wouldn't just drop every 2 seconds. When i got ready to play a game on the upgraded PC i was surprised on how bad it was running (Yes i did download all the needed drivers and such). Like on CSGO i would get 20-30 fps and it dropping to 1fps every 2 seconds or so, and the same issue in DayZ Standalone, i tried other games and it did the exact same. I then switched everything out, took out the extra RAM and took out the GPU and.. it still has the same issue. Now I was checking the task manager 'Performance tab' while playing a game and it looked a little like this:

Screenshot_1.png.985a601412201c47dbc53db3ca3af7ee.png

The CPU and GPU would just stay like that, and keep in mind it did this with both GPUs, at this point i didn't even care about the RAM since 8Gbs is and was fine for me in the past. I then updated all my drivers (like my audio and such since my video card drivers was already updated). Same issue still.. Can someone out there please help me, I have been stuck with this issue for weeks, Thank You in Advance :)

Did you use ddu to uninstall old video drivers before putting the new gpu in?(having 2 conflicting drivers is bad)

Have you connected the gpu power cable?

also on the 1050 ti Nought and i couldn't find a power connector unlike my 1070 where its on the side so its only connected to the motherboard. 

@ImPeaking a 1050 Ti most likely does not have a power connector.
This is done on purpose by NVIDIA to allow installation in non gaming oriented PC's without those PCI-e power plugs.

No need to worry, it didn't break off during shipping :P

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

You're saying it overheats and shuts down. That would be why your FPS are very low, your CPU throttles so it doesn't cook itself to death.

Did you remove the cooler at any stage? If so, did you clean the cooler and CPU and did you re-apply thermal paste? It's a good idea to do this anyway if the answer is no to any of these questions.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

10 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

You're saying it overheats and shuts down. That would be why your FPS are very low, your CPU throttles so it doesn't cook itself to death.

Did you remove the cooler at any stage? If so, did you clean the cooler and CPU and did you re-apply thermal paste? It's a good idea to do this anyway if the answer is no to any of these questions.

This might be the issue, after using the technique of uninstalling the Display Drivers i couldn't test much since it was late but when i launched CSGO to test if it worked, my computer just crashes, could what you said be the issue and if so, Do you recommend any thermal paste since i dont know much about these things

edit: I did not remove the cooler, but i haven't cleaned it thoroughly, it took a air compressor the other day and just fired it randomly into nooks and crannies

10 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

When i get home I could hop into a game that this is happening with a program to show me the temp, would that help find the issue?

11 hours ago, noughts said:

When i get home I could hop into a game that this is happening with a program to show me the temp, would that help find the issue?

Yep. Run hwmonitor to see what the temps are doing. You don't even need to stress it immediately to see whether heat is an issue. If it idles in the 50s or higher, you've already basically proven the heat problem. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 3/1/2018 at 8:29 PM, NelizMastr said:

Yep. Run hwmonitor to see what the temps are doing. You don't even need to stress it immediately to see whether heat is an issue. If it idles in the 50s or higher, you've already basically proven the heat problem. 

Hey so sorry i didnt do that but i applied Thermal paste, cleaned out dust, ran an anti virus,also did the DDU thing and my computer was running perfectly fine, my temps were low, i was playing games at high settings and getting 60+ fps and also my temps at that time was ranging from 50-65 Celsuis. Me and my friends were playing some games and all of a sudden the compter crashed again. Just stops. No warning then turns back on like nothing happened. Any idea why?

6 minutes ago, noughts said:

Hey so sorry i didnt do that but i applied Thermal paste, cleaned out dust, ran an anti virus,also did the DDU thing and my computer was running perfectly fine, my temps were low, i was playing games at high settings and getting 60+ fps and also my temps at that time was ranging from 50-65 Celsuis. Me and my friends were playing some games and all of a sudden the compter crashed again. Just stops. No warning then turns back on like nothing happened. Any idea why?

Power supply make, model and wattage?

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Power supply make, model and wattage?

RA 450, 450W 

3 minutes ago, noughts said:

RA 450, 450W 

FSP Raider? Yeah, sorry to say but those are utter crap. Swap for something more decent, preferably Tier 4 or better.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

1 minute ago, noughts said:

Alright is there anything i can do atm to fix or reduce this from happening?

The only way is to not put high loads on the system (like gaming) sadly.

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

The only way is to not put high loads on the system (like gaming) sadly.

Alright, Thank You very much for all the help man, Take Care