Faded Splotch on Laptop Screen

Stalgren

Hello, lately there has been a faded splotch on my laptop screen that I can't seem to get to go away.

The mark is most visible on darker colors, or blacks, and most prominent during the boot up logo screen.

I have tried cleaning the screen off multiple times with no luck, and the mark doesnt seem to be there when I turn the screen off, so I dont think its a surface blemish.

If anyone could tell me what this is and how to fix it I would be very grateful. For reference, I am using an Asus Zenbook model UX303LA, which has touchscreen support.

Here is a picture of my problem where the splotch is visible.

d1uSGRp.png

Thank you for your time!

That definitely looks like a pressure spot on LCD panel to me. Crushed crystals in the LCD no longer block the backlight correctly making it appear brighter. Not sure how to fix that.

8 minutes ago, kevp453 said:

That definitely looks like a pressure spot on LCD panel to me. Crushed crystals in the LCD no longer block the backlight correctly making it appear brighter. Not sure how to fix that.

replacement lcd panel

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

replacement lcd panel

You're right. Looks like replacement LCDs aren't too expensive either, at least in North America. I see a few online for ~$60. Make sure you get the same resolution and touch if you replace it; the LVDS connectors are different on 1366x768 vs the HD/touch one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-ZENBOOK-UX303LA-LCD-Screen-Replacement-for-Laptop-New-LED-Full-HD-Matte-/281907614176

Ah, so there no way to fix it aside from a replacement? I'm not sure I have the know how to do that on my own, would getting an RMA from Asus cost me a whole lot more than just the replacement screen?