what do you think of ECS Elitegroup Z87H3-A3X Gank Drone?

Is it a legit motherboard? Is it good to pair with i7 4790k? I'm just asking because I haven't heard that brand before. Thank you!

Seems legit to me, I seem to recall hearing that brand a few times in the past...

http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/l337/l337-drone_z87h3-a3x.htm

Being a Z87 board, you may need to flash the BIOS to support the 4790K. I would recommend a Z97 series board.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

it is a legit board, ECS has been around for years, they also bought PCChips [an infamous motherboard maker, known for faking L2 cache chips on 486 boards]. board looks good and it should work with i7 4790k. but still it is a budget board.

Daewoo Lanos 1.5L 8V, 1998, green = Better graphics than NFS in VR. 

Otherwise my daily rig is some oem pcchips motherboard with intel 486-dx2 in it overclocked to 100mhz and watercooled with astonishing 24MB RAM and superb S3 Virge DX graphics with 4MB of VRAM for best performance in heavy 3D apps and games and with 850mb WD Caviar 4200RPM HDD for maximum storage space and speed.

Running  Windows 95 OSR2.5 with IE4 for amazing internet browsing experience

all this in glorious desktop case in elephant bone color. 

I've used ECS and Biostar stuff when the need arose. You'll be alright. Better than the unbranded boards on ebay/aliexpress.

54 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Seems legit to me, I seem to recall hearing that brand a few times in the past...

http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/l337/l337-drone_z87h3-a3x.htm

Being a Z87 board, you may need to flash the BIOS to support the 4790K. I would recommend a Z97 series board.

is flashing the BIOS easy? I can't seem to find some z97 boards in our local stores right now :/

12 hours ago, Jimboynoob said:

is flashing the BIOS easy? I can't seem to find some z97 boards in our local stores right now :/

It's easy, but to do it on a Z87 board to support Z97 CPUs, you will need a CPU that is supported by the Z87 board.

If you don't want to go through that, the Core i7-4770K is still a decent chip and will work out of the box on Z87.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

ECS is a budget brand. It is legitimate, but support might not be as good as with the Asuses, MSI's or EVGA's of the world.