Broken TV

mattdmg

So I have an old Panasonic 50" plasma TV (TC-P50G20) and It quit working recently and it's giving me a 10 blink code. I am wondering if there is a fix for it or if I need to buy a new tv, thanks. I did some reading on google and some said it was the main board or the power board but I don't know which. 

Probably a blown capacitor. If you're comfortable take the back off and check to see if any of the capacitors are bubbled out.  Tvs are generally pretty easy to fix if you've worked on PCs and laptops in the past.  Normally you can google the model number with a description of the problem and you'll find someone who has fixed it.

If you do decide to fix it yourself, just make sure you have read and abide by safety guidelines... they CAN be dangerous.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

When it comes to plasma's,  self fix is the only way.

open it up , check capacitors, check for broken solder joints, you have to take of the boards and check the back side aswell.

Im going to be repairing my one soon aswell as im confident i have some cracked solder joints on my y and z sustain board coils causing some pink fuz in certan situations (known issue and fix)

You may be lucky and can see the damage visualy, if it isnt fixable you may be able to buy replacment boards. Plasma's generaly ,depending on specifc design, have 5 or 6 main boards.

YSustain, ZSustain, Main Control, Power Control, Main Power board. Small logic Board.

Generaly speaking the 3 most frequent failures occur in ether Zsus, Ysus, or Main Power.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |