Alleged canon 1DX Mk2 amazon scam

--------TLDR--------

A youtuber bought a Canon 1DX Mk2 on amazon and got rocks instead, returned it, amazon sent a new one, the new one had bricks instead of the camera.

--------TLDR--------

Has anyone else seen the latest Chase on two wheels video about a scam going on with the Canon 1DX Mk2 on amazon?

This is the link for the second video:

I know this could be just a fluke but at least for me it raises a lot of concerns I did not have before, my personal level of trust in amazon has been lowered to almost ebay levels.

On the first video (you really don't need to watch it to get the point) I wasn't so concerned, but now after seen this happen 2 times in a row I will definitely think twice before ordering anything expensive on amazon again.

What do you guys think about this? Does it raises your concern level, or am I just overreacting?

-EDIT: On the fist video he states that the camera was sold and delivered by amazon.

Edited by Baconbh8
Information was missing

There are custom seller on amazon just like there are on ebay. If you buy from amazon directly it shouldnt happen. There is also the possibility that the youtuber is full of shit and doing it for the views.

But there shouldnt be any problem because amazon gives you all your money back or sends you a new one anyways.

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

There are custom seller on amazon just like there are on ebay. If you buy from amazon directly it shouldnt happen. There is also the possibility that the youtuber is full of shit and doing it for the views.

Sorry, I've forgotten to mention on my post that he stated on the first video that the camera was sold and delivered by Amazon.

Oh this has potential. 

Image result for dis gon be gud

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

If it was shipped by Amazon, then the YouTuber is probably doing it for the views. Is he even a reliable person? Never seen that video before... 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Chase has been around a while, reviews motorbikes from a local dealership, he's not afraid to give a negative view even when handed a expensive motorbike. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

If it was sold by Amazon, then either the YouTuber is doing it for views (unlikely because the Amazon box tape was still sealed) or someone working at Amazon warehouse just stole the cameras and put rocks in there.

Edit: never mind, the box wasn't sealed, this makes me think he's just doing it for views..

New update to the story:

TLDW: Amazon opened a internal investigation, refunded him and gave him a $1.000,00 amazon gift card. Chase ordered a new camera from B&H and actually got the camera this time.

Edited by Baconbh8
Information was missing