i7-4770k

eddycuss

Why would my i7-4770k only be showing 2 cores and 4 threads rather than the 4 cores and 8 threads that is is supposed to have???? how can i solve this 

4 minutes ago, eddycuss said:

Why would my i7-4770k only be showing 2 cores and 4 threads rather than the 4 cores and 8 threads that is is supposed to have???? how can i solve this 

What software is saying this?

Just now, CapedCrusader21 said:

That's really weird. Is your Cinebench score affected?

i couldnt tell you mate this would be the first test done with the cpu

image.png.28ec7bc13091926a13cc38dbb96dcfb5.png

device manager is showing all cores. this is really weird

23 minutes ago, eddycuss said:

Check your bios to see if any cores are disabled, also really weird seeing 6 threads in Device manager. If you are running windows 7, I remember some people having to enable cores in msconfig way back when.

Hey I had the same exact issue I upgraded systems and never formatted my hard drive and instead of the 8 cores it should show it was only showing the core #’s of my last system, do not be worried as this does not affect your preformance but if you want to fix this you either have to [a]format your hard drive or refresh your hard drive which in turn will keep all your files ex:pictures, folders, downloads, and files but will delete all applications downloaded from the internet ex:steam, google chrome ,csgo, gta v etc*

1 minute ago, mortino said:

Check your bios to see if any cores are disabled, also really weird seeing 6 threads in Device manager. If you are running windows 7, I remember some people having to enable cores in msconfig way back when.

Yes try this open run type %msconfig% go to the boot tab, advanced options and if it shows only 2 cores you will have to either refresh or format

i have checked my bios and all cores are enabled, i have also re-seated the cpu, and also checked for the latest bios update and already up to date. i am using 64 bit windows 10. my old cpu was an AMD A10 9700 APU. and i am using the same ssd as i had in that system alomng with 2 other HDD.

5 minutes ago, eddycuss said:

i have checked my bios and all cores are enabled, i have also re-seated the cpu, and also checked for the latest bios update and already up to date. i am using 64 bit windows 10. my old cpu was an AMD A10 9700 APU. and i am using the same ssd as i had in that system alomng with 2 other HDD.

Hey I had the same exact issue I upgraded systems and never formatted my hard drive and instead of the 8 cores it should show it was only showing the core #’s of my last system, do not be worried as this does not affect your preformance but if you want to fix this you either have to [a]format your hard drive or refresh your hard drive which in turn will keep all your files ex:pictures, folders, downloads, and files but will delete all applications downloaded from the internet ex:steam, google chrome ,csgo, gta v etc*

I've decided to bite the bullet and doing a complete fresh install of indows

1 hour ago, eddycuss said:

device manager is showing all cores. this is really weird

Actually it appears to be showing 6 not 8

1 hour ago, eddycuss said:

i couldnt tell you mate this would be the first test done with the cpu

it should score around 700 give or take iirc

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Actually it appears to be showing 6 not 8

it should score around 700 give or take iirc

876 in cinebench

6 minutes ago, eddycuss said:

876 in cinebench

That's about the right score for a 4770k, seems like a UI reporting issue rather than an actual problem where the OS is not using all the cores and threads.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

3 minutes ago, super_skank said:

That's about the right score for a 4770k, seems like a UI reporting issue rather than an actual problem where the OS is not using all the cores and threads.

Yeah, just checked mine and it's a hair under 800 OCed to 4 GHz.  Then again Cinebench doesn't confirm its numbers so it's possible to be thrown off by other oddities in the system like the clock running at the wrong speed.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.