Problems with Ubuntu

I tried installing Ubuntu using a bootable USB and when I got the language selection part, my keyboard and mouse does not work! I am trying to install it on my MacBook Pro 13" with TouchBar

Looks like these MacBooks won't natively run Ubuntu (or any Linux) without heavy modification:

https://gist.github.com/roadrunner2/1289542a748d9a104e7baec6a92f9cd7

I'd say, if you need Ubuntu, run it in a VM.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, reon-iwnl said:

feels bad huh

Keep in mind macOS is actually fully Unix compliant, so I'm not sure what would require you to run Linux next to it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

What version on Ubuntu? You might require something with a newer kernel.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

On 2/22/2018 at 6:18 AM, NelizMastr said:

Keep in mind macOS is actually fully Unix compliant, so I'm not sure what would require you to run Linux next to it.

Well, stuff like hacking the os. You know, some people just wanna mess with their OS to a whole new level. Modding the windows registry or whatever macOS equivalent is not enough for these folks. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 24-2-2018 at 2:31 AM, wasab said:

Well, stuff like hacking the os. You know, some people just wanna mess with their OS to a whole new level. Modding the windows registry or whatever macOS equivalent is not enough for these folks. 

These folks should just run a VM then. If it's just the OS they want to mess with, why use a physical partition that can wreck your normal production OS. Plus, these folks shouldn't buy a Mac if they want that. Macs are historically bad at Linux support, except for the PowerPC stuff, that ran and still runs Linux like a champ.

7 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

These folks should just run a VM then. If it's just the OS they want to mess with, why use a physical partition that can wreck your normal production OS. Plus, these folks shouldn't buy a Mac if they want that. Macs are historically bad at Linux support, except for the PowerPC stuff, that ran and still runs Linux like a champ.

Good point. I like to ask why people choose to build their own pc instead of just using a prebuilt that is guranteed to work? 

Sudo make me a sandwich