New Keyboard. g710+ ?

So I've had my blackwidow chroma with green switches for just over three years now and I've noticed that my right shift key doesn't work at all and my p key only works occasionally. I am now in search of a replacement. I don't care about the RGB lighting anymore as I found that I never used it that much anyways. I want cherry mx brown switches and I was thinking that the g710+ would be good, any thoughts or other suggestions? Thanks!

1 minute ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

So I've had my blackwidow chroma with green switches for just over three years now and I've noticed that my right shift key doesn't work at all and my p key only works occasionally. I am now in search of a replacement. I don't care about the RGB lighting anymore as I found that I never used it that much anyways. I want cherry mx brown switches and I was thinking that the g710+ would be good, any thoughts or other suggestions? Thanks!

I am using at the moment G810 Orion Spectrum RGB and it uses Romer-G switches which are similar to Cherry MX Brown. They even say that Romer G switches have a much bigger life expectancy and a lower actuation force 45g instead of 55 for browns

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Logitech G610 has a variant with Cherry MX Browns and a version with MX Reds. I personally have G810 but if I didn't want Romer-G, I'd definitely go with G610 Cherry MX Brown. 

I love my G710+, but they stopped making it some time ago. My brother has the G.Skill KM570 RGB that I've used a couple of times. I really like it and even though they're the same switches, for some reason, I seem to like his more. As for life expectancy, Cherry Switches are validated to 50 million keystrokes, Romer-G switches to 70 million, and Razer's are to 80 million. Don't expect to press any single key 50 million times though.

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

The G710+ was a pretty good keyboard when I had it. But I switched over to a Corsair K70 for no real reason other than I liked its design more.  But if your partial to Logitech, G810 looks like a great K70 substitute.

Also I wouldn't really worry about keystroke lifespan. I think the only time keyboards that died or needed replacing was due to the circuitry giving out than the keys failing.

6 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

I am using at the moment G810 Orion Spectrum RGB and it uses Romer-G switches which are similar to Cherry MX Brown. They even say that Romer G switches have a much bigger life expectancy and a lower actuation force 45g instead of 55 for browns

mx browns also have an actuation force of 45g but to romerg has a mm less travel distance and a .5mm higher actuation point. they very different.

41 minutes ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

36 minutes ago, Yoola said:

Logitech G610 has a variant with Cherry MX Browns and a version with MX Reds. I personally have G810 but if I didn't want Romer-G, I'd definitely go with G610 Cherry MX Brown. 

Oh, righto - I totally forgot to let you know @223342_1454181628 that I also own a G610 Brown for work, which I use for typing 4-6 hours per day. Basically it's the same keyboard as my G710+ but without the rubber O-Ring dampeners or macro keys. However, you can buy a set of rubber O-Rings for keyboards on places like eBay or Amazon.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

51 minutes ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

The problem is that the G710+ is discontinued so you'll be hard pressed to fine any new. Even if you could, people are selling them rather outrageous prices as good of a keyboard they were. Think I saw a G710 Blue variant selling for $188 on Amazon recently. 

The G610 Orion Brown (same one I'm using) could be found occasionally on sale for $90 CAD has no USB pass through or Macro keys. If you could live with that, it's not a bad option. 

If you live in the Metro Vancouver Area though, there's one seller on Craiglist selling a used one for 60 bucks. The seller has two so 90 bucks for both. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580