EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Cheaper than others?

Hielke

So we all know GPU prices are nuts nowadays, but now they really got me unsure about which card to buy. I'm looking to buy a 1080. I'm closely watching GPU prices daily to find the right card and now the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 is offered 100 EUR cheaper than all other cards in my region. This got me thinking, does this card have less performance? Or do GPU prices just not make any sense? 

i5-6600K 3,50GHz | Motherboard Gigabyte B150M-D3H | RAM Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4-2400 | GTX970 | 500GB SSD EVO | 2560x1440p 27" | Corsair 650W 

I have the FTW edition of the card. The SC isn't much slower at all, but does have a slightly smaller heatsink. Overall it's a fine card.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

10 hours ago, Hielke said:

So we all know GPU prices are nuts nowadays, but now they really got me unsure about which card to buy. I'm looking to buy a 1080. I'm closely watching GPU prices daily to find the right card and now the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 is offered 100 EUR cheaper than all other cards in my region. This got me thinking, does this card have less performance? Or do GPU prices just not make any sense? 

I had this card and they did have an issue with VRM overheating.  EVGA fixed this with a new BIOS and thermal pads but I think the reputation of the card took a huge hit.  My card never had these issues but resale right after I bought it wasn't good, but now with huge spikes in mining I think people could care less.  I thought it was a good card albeit the cooling could have been better since my card would always be at 80 degrees when gaming even with a full fan curve, however my case at the time had horrible airflow so maybe in a better case you would see 2-3 degrees less?   

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

The biggest difference between this card and say a FTW... is that this card uses a reference PCB so has less VRM's for power delivery for high end overclocking. That being said even the FTW doesn't need the extra VRM's to supply enough power for overclocking outside of say ln2